BT Telegraph Pole Erected Outside Property!

Options

Comments

• GingerBob_3
    GingerBob_3 Posts: 3,659 Forumite
    Options
    OP, are there now, or might there be in the future, any wires passing over your property that emanate from the pole?
  • force_ten
    force_ten Posts: 1,931 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    GingerBob wrote: »
    OP, are there now, or might there be in the future, any wires passing over your property that emanate from the pole?

wires that pass over your property would be covered by the flying wires act (i know it sounds like a circus act)
    What are "flying wires"?

Under certain circumstances, Openreach is allowed to "fly wires" over an adjacent property from an existing pole without the need for a wayleave. This permission only applies providing we do not need to enter the property concerned to do so, that the wires are at a height of 3m or more, and that they do not interfere with the normal business on the property.
  • MothballsWallet
    Options
    LilElvis wrote: »
    The grid system (with several hundred roundabouts) works perfectly. The only ones that get snarl ups are the ones where they have installed traffic lights in the last few years at a cost of millions.

Does screw with tyre wear though!
    Except MK is full of Milton Keynes dwellers - and there seems to be an energy field over MK Central station that affects their IQs and abilities to give way to people getting off trains there :)
  • GingerBob_3
    Options
    force_ten wrote: »
    wires that pass over your property would be covered by the flying wires act (i know it sounds like a circus act)

Interesting. I ask because a neighbour of my Mum's complained to BT about wires passing over his property and they removed them - at considerable cost I might add, since they had to put up a new pole further down the road. Interesting also that if they need to access your property you might have the upper hand.
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    Bogalot wrote: »
    There is a BT representative on the forum.
    You mean there was.

Last time the rep logged onto the forum was more than a year ago.

Probably redeployed to Facebook or Twitter...
  • POPPYOSCAR
    POPPYOSCAR Posts: 14,897 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    You mean there was.

Last time the rep logged onto the forum was more than a year ago.

Probably redeployed to Facebook or Twitter...

Probably could not put up with all the complaints.
  • boliston
    boliston Posts: 3,012 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    LilElvis wrote: »
    The grid system (with several hundred roundabouts) works perfectly. The only ones that get snarl ups are the ones where they have installed traffic lights in the last few years at a cost of millions.

Does screw with tyre wear though!

It's good if you want to live in a town that is basically a large shopping mall surrounded by housing estates.
  • force_ten
    force_ten Posts: 1,931 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    edited 13 November 2016 at 12:43AM
    Options
    GingerBob wrote: »
    Interesting. I ask because a neighbour of my Mum's complained to BT about wires passing over his property and they removed them - at considerable cost I might add, since they had to put up a new pole further down the road. Interesting also that if they need to access your property you might have the upper hand.

so it is your mums neighbours fault that the OP now has a pole obscuring his view?
  • forgotmyname
    forgotmyname Posts: 32,552 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Sister in law had a bus stop erected right outside her driveway, slap bang in the middle of it and just 6 feet between the post and the edge of her property.

Surprised they didnt complain about it when the application went in. Not the fact of it blocking her driveway because she doesnt drive and the kerb was not dropped. But people at the bus stop staring in through her front window.
    And the neighbours have a driveway and dropped kerb so they have issues reversing on and off the drive.

Silly place for a bus stop. I think they would have had a party if it was a telegraph pole instead.

Something to watch if buying a house with a drive and no dropped kerb i guess.
    Censorship Reigns Supreme in Troll City...

• jb66
    jb66 Posts: 1,705 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Its an Openreach pole, not BT
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business