should i go to sony to repair my phone or use independent

Options
Hi,
I had a bad start to the week.
My phone bounced out of my pocket and landed on floor cracking the screen of my Xperia z5. It is still under contract.

My question is should I get Sony to repair phone which will cost more but keep it within warrantee.

or should I use cheaper independent phone repair shop?

Comments

• Anthorn
    Anthorn Posts: 4,362 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Depends on how long the guarantee has to go and whether the guarantee covers accidental damage to the screen, probably not but check. First stop is your network who might be able to arrange a cheaper repair which will keep it within the guarantee.
  • Frozen_up_north
    Options
    There was a reply to another thread where an iPhone with a cracked screen was wrecked by a high street repair shop.

I would be very wary of screen repairs in high street shops, anyone can set one up... especially when an expensive phone is under warranty, which will be void unless repaired by the manufacturer.
  • Anthorn
    Anthorn Posts: 4,362 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    There was a reply to another thread where an iPhone with a cracked screen was wrecked by a high street repair shop.

I would be very wary of screen repairs in high street shops, anyone can set one up... especially when an expensive phone is under warranty, which will be void unless repaired by the manufacturer.

Or a repair service which is approved by the manufacturer
  • boundy
    boundy Posts: 187 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    I've done a screen replacement on a Z2 and a Z3 compact. Just need the replacement screen, mini torx bits, spreader tool, suction cup, heatgun/hairdryer and a decent youtube tutorial. Took about 30 minutes each, I think the Z5 comes with most of the chassis bonded into the screen, so make it even easier to change if you buy the right parts
  • empbreez
    Options
    I equally can repair/fix both screen and other phone problems
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills