Debt-Free wanna be vs Maternity pay. Determined to stay on track.

Options

Comments

• hannahroberts1985
    Options
    Morning,

Soft play Tuesday cost £18 as I ended up buying lunch for us all plus my mum. £32 left for the week. I am meet a friend at soft play tomorrow as well and will have lunch there but shouldn't be to much. Then I have no more plans yet. Hopefully I'll make it to payday with a bit of cash left in the pot to pay off next.

I've been using the tumble dryer lots we don't have central heating so only heat the rooms we are using on times. I might have to start putting the clothes aired up in the living room when DS has gone to bed as if it's up when he is he just pulls everything off. Our wood arrived yesterday £80 but it was lovely and snug yesterday having the fire on with the horrible rain. Staying in today too if the rain eases off we will go for a walk to splash in puddles again.

I've contacted a childminder hoping she agrees to two 4 hour morning sessions for DS which will including lunch cost £28 a week....I end up spending more on days out weekly to get him out and about and round other children so it will mean I can stay at home with DS2 and spend some quality time with him and have a few free hours to clean.

We've sold a few bits on eBay total £100 made this has gone to cover a poddle pod and the rest just in our joint account as it was looking a bit low. I get paid 15th but it's not a big pay like I have been getting but it will have a bit more money then that's is for company mat pay booo! DP gets paid on the 27th so hoping we can make it through without touching the savings. Hopefully he will get his company car soon and we can try sell our car but I doubt it'll be worth much.

Right going to go light the fire and entertain DS x
    emergency fund:£179/ £1000 Uniform/car fund:£
    boys savings £
    Christmas £60 bday £40 holiday £

Family loan £7000/£5425
    Credit Card 0% £2015.32 eon £435 overdrafts £1500/£1300
  • hannahroberts1985
    Options
    Oops forgot to mention cc paid today taking my total up to 25% debt cleared whoop whoop!!! It will be going down slowly now at just over 2% per month but so happy I started this diary and used the extra money to get a good head start. At this rate I will be debt free in 37 months id love this to be sooner but any extra money we have from DP's pay or when I go back to work will go to the deposit savings as I feel we will still be able to get a mortgage with a small amount of debt but it will probably take longer than 37 months to save enough anyway. X
    boys savings £

Family loan £7000/£5425
  • Poor_Single_lady
    Options
    Hope its all going well Hannah. Would imagine you are super busy with everything and juggling the 2. xx
    2017- 5 credit cards plus loan
    Overdraft And 1 credit card paid off.

2018 plans - reduce debt
  • hannahroberts1985
    Options
    Hey PSL yep very busy and very tired.

Quick money update. Loan payment has come out today taking the total to under £4000 whoop small steps but I get excited when it's drops below certain big numbers. We are going to have to be extra tight the next month and a half as my pay drops and DP won't be earning commission so will need to limit the amount we have to use from savings....that being said we visited a preschool this morning and DS will start two days a week from next Monday. The sessions are only 9-1 so 8 hours a week we will be paying for. We can set it up from DPs pay so it'll work out a little cheaper every little helps I guess.

A few events in the run up to Christmas that'll I'll need money for so need to try have cheap days out to save my pocket money for these:
    Trip to santa (maybe lunch out £40?)
    Christmas market (rides,food etc £30)
    My birthday meal out with friends (£40?)
    Christmas tree (£40)
    Trip to see DP's mum (£40)
    Must plan cheap/free play dates in between as I don't want to be scrimping on any of these occasions as they are all traditions.
    About to go on an order the prints from our photo shoot with DS2 so hopefully now I've logged on here I'll be sensible and just order a few.

Christmas is nearly sorted just my mum and dad to do and wrapping paper to buy. I have £60 let in the Christmas fund before Christmas.

Really tempted to order DS a new coat......he has one that fits and is warm but it's a second hand one and I just love a new coat. Humm!

Check back soon x
    boys savings £

Family loan £7000/£5425
  • hannahroberts1985
    Options
    Morning,

Not much to report spend wise as we've all had an awful cough and cold so haven't been out to spend any money.....I am however going to a few shops today so thought I'd check in to remind myself to BEHAVE!!! DS's first morning at preschool today really hoping he enjoys it and doesn't cry when I leave....then I'm popping to a friends for a brew then to get my wrapping paper, tags and cards. I have a small food shopping list and also want to pick up a new coat for DS and possibly matching Christmas tops for the boys as we are seeing santa Wednesday. Hopefully I make it with out buying anything else. I'll let you know!
    boys savings £

Family loan £7000/£5425
  • hannahroberts1985
    Options
    Successful day. £44 spend in total inc a new coat for DS! I'd had my eye on one for £35 in next but went to Sainsbury's first and they had a big sale on and there was a lovely one for £8. Also got DS a Christmas jumper and t shirt. Soft play planned tomorrow if my neightbour is up to it. Must keep spends to a minimum.
    boys savings £

Family loan £7000/£5425
  • hannahroberts1985
    Options
    Few spends to report and to keep me on track I'm popping in.

Santa visit today spent £32 on santa and lunch so under budget whoop. We were going to ordered cake but we were going shopping on the way home so decided to pick something up there instead.

I've £14 pocket money not budgeted for and have planned a soft play trip Friday...this may get cancelled by my friend though so we'll see. I'm visiting my sister on sat but will go to her house so it'll be free.

Fee more presents brought today and ordered the photo prints for grandparents Christmas presents. Nearly done on the Christmas front.

It's looking tight I need to stay on track.....
    boys savings £

Family loan £7000/£5425
  • hannahroberts1985
    Options
    Morning diary, quick pop in while I pump. Heading out for a meal with my girlfriends for my birthday soon so need to try DS on a bottle soon.

DP got paid today and it wasn't a lot. It's just for his first two weeks at the new job and no commission yet. I've worked out with his wages and mine on the 15th we can just about over bills....but no money spare for the food/petrol account. I should be due a bonus on the 15th so we will see how much that is and if that'll cover festive food and petrol. Going to try live from the cupboards and freezer as much as possible and just do small fruit and veg shops hopefully. We may need to take some from savings we shall see. Also we will be getting DS's preschool bill soon I think. This will come from savings then DP will set up childcare vouchers through work this month. We need to MOT a car which is annoying as we will be selling it when DP gets his company car on a month or so. It's old so fingers crossed it doesn't need much work hipefully with a full years mot it will sell for more. This should be the tightest month then when DP gets a proper pay next month we can start saving again.
    boys savings £

Family loan £7000/£5425
  • hannahroberts1985
    Options
    Morning, I'm getting urges to go wasn't a load of money of chocolate and stocking fillers for everyone!!! So thought I'd check in here to plremind myself I'm poor!!!

I have a birthday present for one of DS's friends birthday next week I'd forgotten about so will need to get that sorted. I may just order it and take the postage hit the money I'd save in petrol and buying odds and sods anyway.

We got our Christmas tree yesterday spent £30 I'd budgeted £40 so that was good. Although I've got to post 3 cards I'd not budgets for so that'll cover this. I'll pop on the way to pick DS up from preschool later.

Christmas market tomorrow evening. We use a park and ride £14 but my dad messaged says he'd booked tickets online as a treat. I have £30 in my budgets for food drink and rides and £20 cash DS2 got as a gift that I decided I'd buy something for his bedroom from the market they have lovely wooden craft stalls etc.

Right this washing isn't going to iron it's self. X
    boys savings £

Family loan £7000/£5425
  • System
    System Posts: 178,094 Community Admin
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    26% down - amazing. well done you.
    Have a great time at the Christmas market - love them!!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure