Debt-Free wanna be vs Maternity pay. Determined to stay on track.

Options

Comments

• hannahroberts1985
    Options
    Thanks Ramble,

I was sick as a dog yesterday so no market for us. DP had to take the day off work as I didn't think I'd cope with both kids and how awful I felt. Sad I missed the maker but oh well £30 saved! There is a Christmas fair on at DS's school next Tuesday that I'd not budgeted for so maybe £10 spend here then it's my birthday the day before payday and we're going for lunch with Tesco vouchers so will put the spare cash towards drinks etc we're going to leave our car at the local train station and take the train into town as DS is obsessed with trains at the moment.

X
    emergency fund:£179/ £1000 Uniform/car fund:£
    boys savings £
    Christmas £60 bday £40 holiday £

Family loan £7000/£5425
    Credit Card 0% £2015.32 eon £435 overdrafts £1500/£1300
  • MrsSave
    MrsSave Posts: 1,817 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    My ds loves trains as well, so we've driven to the local station before and then caught the train. He loves it!! Oh, and it's free for little ones!

I hope you're feeling better today.
    Starting a new debt free journey
    Starting Debt: £5,250
    Current Debt: £4,995.50
    Amount Paid: £254.50 Percentage Paid: 4.84%
    Emergency Fund: £350
  • hannahroberts1985
    Options
    Morning quick pop in as I'm going to town today so need to remind myself I'm poor ha ha!

We drove to meet dp's mum for lunch yesterday £35 spent on food and arcades as we meet her st the beach.

I have £15 left in my purse this will cover the school fair Tuesday and I may grab some cakes from the cake shop today.

£20 left in the bank for drinks/trains on my birthday DP will pay the rest. Possibility I'll arrange a soft play date or something and need to spend this though.

We had to move a few hundred from the savings account :0( to cover bills mainly due to preschool bill. I will reassess the situation after I get paid on the 15th.

The car we are selling when DP gets this company car is in for its mot today. Hoping it doesn't cost a lot to mend or there will be no point as I doubt we'll be able to sell it for much. It's old though so not getting my hopes up to much...I'll be waiting a dreaded message from DP as some point to discuss options! It may be worth just scrapping and cutting out losses and him renting a car for a month or so. We shall see. I hate waiting around for the dreaded mot phone call.

We have minimal money in the food account so I have a list for a small top up shop today but everytime I go shopping lately it seems to cost a bomb even if I stick to the list. Probably just because we've been extra tight with money at the moment.

Right best get up and sorted for the school run. X
    boys savings £

Family loan £7000/£5425
  • hannahroberts1985
    Options
    Mot failed miserably £1100 ha ha ha! DP's boss said not to worry and he sorted him out a company car for next week. PHEW!!! So glad DPnswitched jobs or we would be in a very different position right now! Once he has the new car he will take the old one to be weighed and scrapped.
    boys savings £

Family loan £7000/£5425
  • hannahroberts1985
    Options
    No school fair as DS was still too poorly. He's full off cold now. Hoping he wakes up better tomorrow for preschool but not holding out any hope.
    boys savings £

Family loan £7000/£5425
  • MrsSave
    MrsSave Posts: 1,817 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Oh poor thing. I hope he's feeling better soon.
    Starting a new debt free journey
    Starting Debt: £5,250
    Current Debt: £4,995.50
    Amount Paid: £254.50 Percentage Paid: 4.84%
    Emergency Fund: £350
  • hannahroberts1985
    Options
    Quick pop in as I've been a bit spends and need to stop!

Dentist appointment yesterday it turns out I have developed gum disease in the last 6 months. I'm booked in for treatment in Jan but they said it will take some work to turn it around. Thank goodness they give you free dental when pregnant. I spent £34 on an electric toothbrush and £6 in the dentist on special brushed. I already have some gel and spoecial tooth paste and mouthwash but these will need topping up again soon and they aren't cheap. Something's just need to be brought thought.

I ordered DS another little Christmas present at £8.

I'm going for dinner with my girlfriends tomorrow evening for my birthday. I tried to find something to wear when the boys were sleeping today but I've still a little bit of weight to shift and need to tone up and my old wardrobe doesn't really suit a big bust and flabby belly. I used to love tight fitting tops :0(. I've place a £35 order from Tesco with three tops to come tomorrow, I get free delivery so not to bad. I will return the two I don't wear. It can be my birthday treat to myself. £40 deposit paid on the restaurant and this should cover my food and drinks as I'll be driving.
    boys savings £

Family loan £7000/£5425
  • System
    System Posts: 178,095 Community Admin
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    £1100 MOT bill crikey! Sounds like your DP has a good boss!
    Hope you have a lovely time out TTFN Ramble x
  • hannahroberts1985
    Options
    Morning,

More money taken from savings aghhhh! Preschool bill paid £144 DP has his new car so scrapped the old one and got £100 I cancelled the insurance and had to pay £51 cancellation fee. I need to go online today and cancel the tax we pay this monthly also. Next month that'll be £65 less bills.

Dinner st the weekend was only £20 instead only my budgeted £40 so I have £35 in my purse for tomorrow birthday day out. Train tickets about £12 and then I need to cash Tesco vouchers later for pizza express then just pay for drinks. I was given some next vouchers and some money from my mum so I've ordered a lovely coockoo clock and some cute hedgehog coasters to collect when in town tomorrow. I've told DP not to buy me any presents as it'll just come from savings and I'd rather have the money there!

£93 spent in Aldi yesterday this should last bar fresh until my Tesco food delivery next Thursday. I've brought most of our Christmas food and drink just need fresh fruit and veg. We've not gone mad as are out at my sister Christmas Eve for a take away then my dads Boxing Day for another Christmas dinner. We've both been loosing the pregnancy weight so don't want to go to mad and ruin all our hard work.
    Pay day tomorrow whoop. I'm getting a £210 bonus but we shall have to see how much the tax man decided to take! Then DP gets paid next Friday I think so hopefully that should be us back on track and we can stop taking from savings.
    Check my mar credit score today and it's gone up 64 points!!!! So happy I feel like I'm finally getting somewhere! It's rated as fare but 880 is classed as good and I never thought I'd have a good credit rating! :0D xx
    boys savings £

Family loan £7000/£5425
  • hannahroberts1985
    Options
    Wowzers I knew it had been a while since I posted but didn't realised it was this long!!! Lovely Christmas had here.

Not much to report money wise. Budgets a little over with last min bits and bobs for Christmas but DP got paid which was a lot more than his old job so that was nice. We managed to save £150 once all account were settled and bills accounted for etc. When I get paid on the 15th we should be able to save some more as we have enough for bills in the joint account I just need to take my pocket money out and keep the money for Birthday & Christmas fund then what I need to cover debt repayments from my account. I shouldn't have to pay car insurance or tax next month as that's all been cancelled whoop whoop.

I have £104 pocket money left to last until 15th and no real plans yet.

We have decided to set up a £2 weekly direct debit for a lottery ticket on a sat. Gotta be in it to win it ;0) also top cash back £16.50 for setting this up on a new account in DP's name. I used to just cash out when every anything was ready but think I'll save it up for next year.

I've put quite a bit of spare cash into the sealed holiday pot this month as we've had lots of cash about for some reason. Probably about £30 snuck away this month. Not sure we'll have a holiday this year. I just want to save save save but we may have a long weekend away before I return to work so this pot will be used for he spending money.

Think that's it to report. DS2 had his jabs this morning so I've been snuggling him a lot today poor little guy.

I'll try not to leave it so long next time but from now on spending should calm down a little.
    boys savings £

Family loan £7000/£5425
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts