upgrading my cash card to a debit(santander)

Options
I've got a current account with santander and I currently only have a cash card for this account...I want to upgrade to a debit card (cause I'm 23 and it's about time) but I'm not sure what I need to take down to the bank to do it? Is just my passport okay or do I need a proof of address and all that malarkey??

Thanks in advance guys
Aaron 😊

Comments

• grumbler
    grumbler Posts: 58,629 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    Do you have online banking?
    If so, do you not have a link on the right side?
  • Anthorn
    Anthorn Posts: 4,362 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    I have a very long history with them covering National Girobank, Girobank plc, Alliance & Leicester and Santander UK. My first similar card was a cash card with National Girobank where I could withdraw from either of two post offices.

Drawing on my considerable experience I would say that if you qualified for a debit card they would have offered it to you by now. You could assume that they have forgotten about you and ask them. I think the best way would be to upgrade the whole account.

Give them a ring. They are nice people to deal with. Think about it: They will make extra profit through transactions if they give you a debit card.

Usual ID for Santander: At a branch produce photo ID and 2 types of address verification such as a recent utility bill, P60, letter from local or national government agency, etc. Oh and a good credit history without CCJs, defaults or IVA.
  • eskbanker
    eskbanker Posts: 31,430 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    ogs92 wrote: »
    I'm not sure what I need to take down to the bank to do it? Is just my passport okay or do I need a proof of address and all that malarkey??
    This recent thread has detailed info on Santander's ID requirements....
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure