Boomstreet (previously Ncrowd) out of business

Options
I have a pre-paid voucher with Boomstreet but their website states they have ceased trading. I will contact my credit card company but any other ideas?

Please could this post remain on Grabbit, as the Boomsteet/Ncrowd offers were similar to Groupon etc. and could have been on the Grabbit forum. Also as a reminder that companies can go out of business.

http://www.boomstreet.co.uk/user/vouchers?utm_source=Sailthru&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=Voucher%20Notification%20V2

Comments

• fermi
    fermi Posts: 40,546 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker Intrepid Forum Explorer
    Options
    I don't see anything saying that? Presumably you need to log in and/or try to redeem it before being told?

Can you copy/paste or screencap what it says?
    Free/impartial debt advice: National Debtline | StepChange Debt Charity | Find your local CAB

IVA & fee charging DMP companies: Profits from misery, motivated ONLY by greed
  • jackanakanory
    jackanakanory Posts: 10 Forumite
    edited 19 November 2015 at 11:26AM
    Options
    It had a message this morning on the uk website saying it had ceased trading and contact details for the liquidator. Now it goes to the US site

Was able to get a cached version of the message that was on the uk site this morning
    The Directors very much regret that they have taken a decision to cease trading. The Company is due to hold meetings of members and creditors to consider placing the Company into Liquidation on 9th December 2015, with AABRS Limited instructed to convene such meetings. In order to assist customers with their queries in the interim, a frequently asked questions document is available on the AABRS portal, which can be found at _ WONT LET ME POST WEB SITE NAME - The username is N0253 (N zero two five three) and the password is 55253759. Initial correspondence has been sent to all known creditors provided by the company and a copy of this circular is available on the portal.
    Please note that, given the number of potential creditors, AABRS are unable to assist via telephone enquiries. All queries should be directed to , WONT LET ME POST EMAIL ADDRESS which will be monitored and creditor and customer enquiries dealt with as time and resources will allow.
    At this juncture, given that a Liquidator has not been appointed, AABRS are not in a position to answer any queries with regards to the demise of the Company.
  • fermi
    Options
    Just found that webcache.
    The Directors very much regret that they have taken a decision to cease trading. The Company is due to hold meetings of members and creditors to consider placing the Company into Liquidation on 9th December 2015, with AABRS Limited instructed to convene such meetings.

In order to assist customers with their queries in the interim, a frequently asked questions document is available on the AABRS portal, which can be found at http://aabrs.turnkeyinsolvencyservices.co.uk/aabrs-login.html

The username is N0253 (N zero two five three) and the password is 55253759. Initial correspondence has been sent to all known creditors provided by the company and a copy of this circular is available on the portal.

Please note that, given the number of potential creditors, AABRS are unable to assist via telephone enquiries. All queries should be directed to [EMAIL="ncrowdlimited@aabrs.com"]ncrowdlimited@aabrs.com[/EMAIL], which will be monitored and creditor and customer enquiries dealt with as time and resources will allow.
    At this juncture, given that a Liquidator has not been appointed, AABRS are not in a position to answer any queries with regards to the demise of the Company.
    Free/impartial debt advice: National Debtline | StepChange Debt Charity | Find your local CAB

• fermi
    Options

• fermi
    Options
    Had never heard if this company before this thread, so is this likely to be a problem for large numbers of people?

• Bougainvillea
    Options
    fermi wrote: »
    Had never heard if this company before this thread, so is this likely to be a problem for large numbers of people?

Ncrowd (that recently became Boomstreet) had been offering deals for a number of years. So its likely to a large problem. They were previously KGBdeals.
  • djtezz
    djtezz Posts: 56 Forumite
    Options
    I had money in my account from a deal i had purchased but didnt use due to them not paying the company for a previous deal.

I have contacted paypal in the hope of getting a refund.

I hope all the businesses involved manage to get there money back too as many of these sites make companies wait until all the vouchers are collected before paying out.
  • cfrog_2
    Options
    Did you get a response from Paypal??

I am in a similar situation (had credit from a previous failed offer) and have sent Paypal a message but not had a reply yet
  • amy609
    amy609 Posts: 66 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    I am in similar position and would be interested to know how Paypal respond.
  • asset2004
    asset2004 Posts: 2,453 Forumite
    Options
    I have seen just seen this thread. :mad:
    I contacted ncrowd in mid September about requesting a refund for a hotel break I'd bought in July as the hotel has been flooded during the summer and was unable to take any bookings.
    ncrowd said they were unable to refund me as it had been more than 14 days since I'd made the booking, so they credited my account with the amount due - £84.55. I wasn't happy as it wasn't my fault the hotel couldn't take the booking.

Interestingly when I click the link of the booking confirmation email it takes me to boom street but I'm unable to log in there.
    I can't remember which credit card I bought it with but just about to go check my credit card statements, Any advice how I can proceed to get my money back? :(
    TIA
    Life is a coin, you can spend it anyway you wish, but you can only spend it once.
    Go as far as you can see, and when you get there you'll see further.
    Take time but don't waste time
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.4K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport