David Wilson Homes compensation

Options
Hi

Having purchased a house from David Wilson Homes 19 months ago, I have had a nightmare with a catalogue of issues and wandered if anyone knew anyone who had received compensation from them - it is a 5 bed 3 storey dolls house bought for £410,000. Issues include

No insulation in sloping ceiling and walls on top floor so freezing cold and took them 12 months to discover - £1200 more expensive gas bill later and an awful winter

Middle floor bounced when walked on - light fittings shaked and extremely noisy - as joists at extreme of their tolerance and were twisting when fixed 12 months after house built - staircase also found to be moving

Leaks in living room from central heating system, leaks in kitchen from bathroom above and leaks in conservatory - disruption and mess constantly and still have scaffolding up on back of house where last repair was carried out meaning can't use French doors and decking for last 6 weeks

No sink in utility on day of completion as lost it and so granite was fitted without it

No fitted wardrobe in dressing room as ordered wrong one and took 2 months after completion to install it meaning we couldn't unpack

Sloping lawn in garden

Mastic split on all tiled floors, around bath and fitted wardrobes

Hob splashback fell off wall damaging a floor tile

Cracked floor tiles in kitchen

Plasterboard strips blown in majority of rooms resulting in us having to redecorate

House not cleaned before we moved in - plaster dust in oven etc

Hot and cold water installed wrong way round in downstairs cloakroom

Join in living room carpet / missing carpet in bed 4 on day of completion

Central heating wired incorrectly so 2 thermostats didn't work independently as were meant to

Burglar alarm took 6 months for them to arrange for someone to show us how to use and then they had to come back as didn't have the code

Ridge where plasterboard and brickwork didn't meet on middle hallway

And many other minor things including gloss work and painting standards in general, sales girls never getting back to us, offering us £20k below our own 5 estate agents average valuation for apart exchange price etc

So my question is - I have a meeting with a director the week after next as a result of my 9 pages of issues and snagging with the house, what should I be asking for by way of compensation?? I have no idea - all I know is it has been miserable living here for the last 19 months and I still have outstanding issues!

Any help or advice would be appreciated or any experience at dealing with big building companies?!

Thanks in advance

Bigg2001

Comments

• comeandgo
    comeandgo Posts: 5,744 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    You have had a lot of problems though the price you accepted for your old property while adding grief to you is out with your other complaints. I would be looking at something that would cover the extra gas consumed and enough for the family to go away for a two week holiday to try and forget the problems. It looks like the company have sorted most of the complaints, although not very promptly.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure