spabreaks.com

Options
My daughter bought a spa breaks experience day for my friends 50th Birthday . It was booked for the actual day and was whilst we were on holiday in Wareham Dorset. The package cost £70 . On the day of her Birthday my friend and I turned up in the spa in Bournemouth. ( a £15 fare each) only to be told we wasn't even booked in. We had the confirmation e-mail in our hands! As they had no space for treatments we had to return back to Wareham , again at cost. Having contacted Spabreaks.com we have had no satisfaction. We have spoke several times on phone and by email. We finally got an offer to return to Bournemouth for our treatment, but we live 3 hours away. Then we were told at at supplement of £35 each we could go closer to home. We think not as not our fault. They refused to waiver extra cost . We then asked for a refund for the trouble and embarassment of a Birthday suprise being spoilt. They have refused point blank to refund. Surely they are in default and should be giving us something extra for the inconvenience and cost.

Comments

• hollydays
    hollydays Posts: 19,812 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    edited 30 November 2013 at 2:32PM
    Options
    https://www.spabreaks.com

Is this them?

According to companies house,owned by palatine leisure limited, company number

Not the palatine leisure group as stated on their website( this company per ses doesn't seem to exist) but here is a website-

https://www.palatinategroup.com
    Tel
    0800 043 6644 but this seems to be the same number they use for other businesses including golfing breaks and horse racing breaks.
    Very poor contacts details..

Also found this on google for spa breaks 020 7336 5872
    From the website

It would be easy to miss the actual complaints procedure as it's listed differently
    It's listed under complaints, point 15.7 , so you'd think you had their complaints procedure, but if you scroll down further it's hidden further down at point 19 which says something completely different-

19. COMPLAINTS

SPABREAKS.COM LTD acts as a Spa Recommendation Service for each hotel. If you have a complaint or experience any problems during your holiday please inform the hotel immediately during your spa holiday. We recommend that you speak to the Hotel or Spa General Manager and take the matter up with him/her directly. If you do not reach an acceptable conclusion during your spa holiday please notify us in writing by letter within two weeks of your date of departure.

Customer Service Dept
    Spabreaks.com Limited
    1st Floor, Clerks Court
    18-20 Farringdon Lane
    London
    EC1R 3AU
    Please note: All complaints must be made in writing and sent to the address above. Complaints cannot be dealt with over the phone or by email.

20. LIABILITY

If you have any complaints concerning any services we provide you must inform us in writing by letter or email within 28 days of your departure date. We cannot accept any liability for the arrangements you have booked. Any assistance provided in resolving a complaint in relation to any Resort booking is provided on a goodwill basis and in our capacity as a Spa Travel Company. If you have a complaint concerning any services we provide, as opposed to any service provided by any third party such as a hotel for whom we are not responsible, you must inform us immediately in writing within 28 days of your departure date. We regret we cannot accept any liability if we are not so notified. Our maximum liability to you if we are found to have been at fault in relation to any service we provide is limited to the commission we have earned or are due to earn in relation to the booking in question.

Whilst Spabreaks.com makes every effort to monitor the experience fulfilled by the supplier, any liability incurred by the customer or the recipient caused by the supplier’s negligence is the responsibility of the supplier and not Spabreaks.com.

Spabreaks.com shall not be liable for the death or personal injury of the customer, recipient or third party while undertaking any treatment or activity provided by the supplier.

Spabreaks.com shall have no liability for damage to property, consequential loss or expenses suffered, which includes but is not limited to loss of anticipated earnings, profits, goodwill, reputation, business receipts or contracts, losses or expenses, resulting in third party claims.

• hollydays
    edited 29 November 2013 at 5:07PM
    Options
    Apparently Abi claims to be the honorary founder and director

Spabreaks is on twitter and facebook
  • hollydays
    edited 29 November 2013 at 4:44PM
    Options
    Search https://www.huffingtonpost.co.uk for spabreaks.com to see an article

You may be glad to hear not everyone is having bad experiences-the call centre staff for example

""My fellow 'spa breakers' as I like to call them are never too busy to stop and help one another to close a booking! Also, the perks are fantastic! Before Spa Breaks I had barely been to any hotels in London and now I have been to loads all over the UK, which helps me to have a good old chat with clients to help find themthe best possible place and as a result I have had a number of emails thanking me for booking the perfect break, which make my heart melt."
  • hollydays
    edited 29 November 2013 at 5:03PM
    Options
    So, are you saying, you have asked for a complete refund and they have refused this?
    In addition, you are disabled? Which makes travelling difficult?

I hope someone can advise you the right course of action to take.

Some reviews reiterating terribly poor customer service from the call centre on cyclex.

Perhaps they need to get a few more staff-quote from abi

"Then I met my business partner R ( name removed by me)who owns yourgolftravel.com.
    He gave me two desks in his London call centre and told me to go for it. We launched in 2008 and now work with more than 500 UK spas.. "

And it's reassuring to read abi also looks at every voucher-shame she doesn't ask about every complaint....oh but that doesn't make money does it..ha customer service isn't high on this companies priorities-

"Duties: Where to start! I like to be involved with the company at every level – I see every enquiry, and every voucher purchase that goes through our system, because customer service is at the core of what we do. I love coming up with new ideas as to how we progress "

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/home/you/article-2336304/How-make-work-work-Five-women-differing-fields-tell-KERRY-POTTER-make-jobs-work-them.html#ixzz2m327dKxo
    Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook
  • unholyangel
    unholyangel Posts: 16,863 Forumite
    Options
    Unfair contract terms act - binding the consumer where the supplier defaults.

However, it may need to be your daughter who asks for the refund depending on who the contract is between (if she had to name people to attend, it should be fine for birthday girl to do it, if it was just a general booking then your daughter will likely be the one contracted).
    Schedule 2, paragraph 1, states that terms may be unfair if they have the object or effect of:
    (o) obliging the consumer to fulfill all his obligations where the seller or supplier does not perform his.

From OFTs guidance on unfair contract terms.
    You keep using that word. I do not think it means what you think it means - Inigo Montoya, The Princess Bride
  • daffas6688
    Options
    Yes I am registered as disabled. I broke my back and other things in a serious car crash. Makes sitting, standing and walking uncomfortable. A spa day helps as the warmth makes the pain ease. I did not tell them about my back in the calls. I will get my daughter who booked to go to the top. We are out of pocket because of the travel so they should be happy get us a place to go near home or refund. Thanks for comments.
  • hollydays
    edited 30 November 2013 at 2:39PM
    Options
    You've been through enough without having to fight to get what you are entitled to.
    Keep copies of all correspondence , let us know how you got on.

What I find divisive is in effect, any complaint made to the call centre could be ignored , and unless you've managed to find point 19 in their t & cs you're likely to be conveniently ignored , allowing them to say " we didn't know there was a problem, it's your fault for not telling us".
    A company that makes it difficult to complain isn't a company you'd want to use or recommend.

I note that last minute.com and similar competitors are members of ABTA, as are your golf travel.com, and as spabreaks offer travel agent services, why aren't they?
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.5K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.2K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure