IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.

Observices Parking Consultancy (OPC) Website

Options
Anyone have any information on what is going on with OPC? Website seems to have disappeared ... and a cached page from 22/11 also appears to be blank.

https://www.observices.co.uk

Comments

• bod1467
    bod1467 Posts: 15,214 Forumite
    edited 28 November 2013 at 12:57PM
    Options
    Well the domain name registration is still active (until March 2014), and the regsitrar and host is 1and1. It looks like they've shown a blank default (parking*) page. Maybe they've not paid their hosting fees? :D

* gotta love the irony of the term.

[code]<script type="text/javascript">
    document.write(
    '<script type="text/javascript" language="JavaScript"'
  • bod1467
    bod1467 Posts: 15,214 Forumite
    Options
    Trying to edit the above post but I'm getting a Blocked message. :(

[code]<script type="text/javascript">
    document.write(
    '<script type="text/javascript" language="JavaScript"'
    + 'src="//sedoparking.com/frmpark/'
    + window.location.host + '/'
  • AoD
    AoD Posts: 170 Forumite
    Options
    The management company here have recently kicked them out (and replaced them with PCM ... frying pan and fire comes to mind...) but I know that neighbours have plenty of outstanding invoices from OPC.

Would be a terrible shame if Mr Harris and co were in financial difficulties ... :rotfl:
  • mas4rr
    mas4rr Posts: 10 Forumite
    Options
    The sole purpose on the day at these stated times were to pass some time away and have an enjoyable browse around all the stores at St. John’s, I happened to have made some purchases from the Next store, only to take them home and then returned them back to the same location for a full refund.

It is surprising how quickly time goes-by and to see how easy it is to slightly exceed the maximum two-hour stay that your company has implemented, by only twenty- three minutes.

All establishments have a fiduciary duty to their patrons and should be treated with the utmost respect and encouraged to visit and not be penalized for doing so; without them, businesses would not exist.

There is no reason for the short-time restrictions of just two hours and urge you to extend this to at least three hours, I understand this might disadvantage your company by way of reduced revenue, but it will save motorists from being preyed on and punished that are just patrons using this car park.

Can you respectfully forward a copy of this letter to the Landlord and the managing agent for them to also reevaluate these matters for an open debate?

Finally, I would reverently request that you carefully consider the aforementioned circumstances and seek that this Private Parking Charge is waived.

I now wait with interest for an aptly and positive response.
  • The_Deep
    The_Deep Posts: 16,830 Forumite
    Options
    Hear hear. I have lived in many countries and Rip Off Britain is the only one that I know of where such practices take place.
    You never know how far you can go until you go too far.
  • mas4rr
    Options
    OPC Replied> It clearly state that parking is free for a RESTRICTED period of time. As a customer of the retail park, you were permitted to park for 2 hours only. OPC strictly enforce the terms and conditions of parking to ensure the facility is managed in accordance with the agreement with the landowners/property management company who owns the parking facility. Unfortunately, that you required additional time does not provide you with an exemption from the restriction. Due to the above evidence we hold we see no reason to invalidate this private parking charge. MAS4RR view will be to pay this and never to shop again at St Johns in Wolverhampton and find places to go that are welcoming with no risk of these situations. if all customers boycotted places like this that have teamed up with a cowboy firms like this, then it will hurt the landlords pocket when the business pull out because of a down turn in trade. they lack respect for customers.
  • mas4rr
    Options
    Why should the Landlord and Managing agent feel it necessary to have a parking management firm like OPC in place at St. Johns ?
  • Guys_Dad
    Guys_Dad Posts: 11,025 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    Interesting if somewhat rambling posts.

Are you wanting some advice? Do you intend to appeal to POPLA or what?

If you are simply informing us, then thanks, but I do think that, if this is recent, we could help you avoid any charges.
  • AoD
    AoD Posts: 170 Forumite
    Options
    Indeed. Please don't ever think of paying OPC. They are easily beaten!
  • Coupon-mad
    Coupon-mad Posts: 132,729 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    MAS4RR view will be to pay this
    What the...? You are joking, right? You think it's the right plan to PAY this guy?

http://www.expressandstar.com/news/2011/03/31/26000-fine-for-parking-firm/

Since when did we suggest that you PAY anything? Do you also send money to phishing emailers by Western Union when they persist?
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure