Anyone want to join me? Awaiting Mortgage decision...

Options

Comments

• libf
    libf Posts: 1,008 Forumite
    Options
    Wait until you've exchanged contracts to give notice. Overlap and some extra cost is a million times better than having to put everything in storage and couch surf until completion.
  • JamesN
    JamesN Posts: 776 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Thanks libf, that is the sensible thing to do, I'll try and hold my nerve. Just so excited/impatient! lol
  • LauraH28
    LauraH28 Posts: 87 Forumite
    Options
    LauraH28 wrote: »
    Hey. I have actually read the whole 187 pages on this thread and have found it most informative so thought I'd join in. Here is my/our(hubby) timescale.

Fell in love with a house while casually browsing zoopla

So wed 29th house viewing
    29/07;; contacted broker reccomended by mother in law he was lovely got us a DIP instantly from nationwide.
    30/07 offer in and accepted.
    With the weekends actual application didn't go in through broker untill
    5/08:: all looks ok send broker documents needed etc problem as I couldn't get p60 but hubby's should be ok.

Broker rings Friday 7/08 to request couple more documents and tells us we should have an offer subject to valuation he is shocked at how quickly nationwide acted.

Did have a valuation text on application day but had no dat just your valuation has been rescheduled to.

I never realised how stressful this is. Unreal. Hope someone else can relate. Ps were had 3 soft credit checks and 4 hard(showing up through experian)
    Good luck everyone. Laura x
    Still waiting .... Gutted starting to think something is wrong however our broker assures us nationwide is just busy!
    Still no valuation date set so another weekend of short tempers and no light. :(
  • mrsbigz
    mrsbigz Posts: 30 Forumite
    Options
    Hi we're waiting for our offer from nationwide and our broker has said the same - apparently our offer is in a queue waiting to be processed......
    Hate this limbo! Plus at the moment we're the ones holding our chain up!!!
  • LauraH28
    Options
    Have u had valuation? Our fee has been taken but it still hasn't been done well not that we know of.
  • kingstreet
    kingstreet Posts: 38,767 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Ask the selling agent if they've had a call for access and if they have, what was the outcome and why no appointment was booked.

If they haven't, go back to your broker and ask them to ask Nationwide to ask Countrywide Surveyors what's going on and why there's been no call for access.
    I am a mortgage broker. You should note that this site doesn't check my status as a Mortgage Adviser, so you need to take my word for it. This signature is here as I follow MSE's Mortgage Adviser Code of Conduct. Any posts on here are for information and discussion purposes only and shouldn't be seen as financial advice. Please do not send PMs asking for one-to-one-advice, or representation.
  • LauraH28
    Options
    Thanks for the reply. Going to chase them up tomorrow morning. Do they not book valuation until they are happy with documents?
  • mrsbigz
    mrsbigz Posts: 30 Forumite
    Options
    Yes we had our valuation done on the 3rd Aug and were sent a text to tell us of this. Nationwide do usually send you a text to say it's been arranged.
  • kingstreet
    kingstreet Posts: 38,767 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Valuation is instructed as soon as application is submitted if submission result is "accept".

If it's a "refer" the docs will be checked and signed-off first.
    I am a mortgage broker. You should note that this site doesn't check my status as a Mortgage Adviser, so you need to take my word for it. This signature is here as I follow MSE's Mortgage Adviser Code of Conduct. Any posts on here are for information and discussion purposes only and shouldn't be seen as financial advice. Please do not send PMs asking for one-to-one-advice, or representation.
  • LauraH28
    Options
    It must be a refer as we only had a rescheduled text but no date? Thank you for your replies I'm round the bend there's no reason for us to be worried I suppose but we don't have mega high paid jobs hubby works full time I'm only part time with 2 kids.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback