Knit Witch's NitWit LBM, debt busting with yarn!

Options

Comments

• Knit_Witch
    Knit_Witch Posts: 4,436 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Okay saw the Psychologist on Friday and she really thinks that seeing one of her colleagues will help, so now the waiting game to find out who, when and where! I am not sure how this will pan out in the short term (spent the weekend either refusing food or eating total carp! 6 packs of salt and shake crisps anyone :o), in the long term though I hope it will breakdown the weight loss barriers! Oh and she is going to see about getting me to see a physio, or at least recommending it to my GP so that should help as well.

Crafting - well I realised I had made a total cods of the sweater so that was pulled out and re-started! Tapestry and Map of Durham still on hold (but I might see if I can work on one of them later this week).

Debt busting - hmm, slow but sure on this, it may end up with minimum payments but twice a month for a while - just until I get my head sorted out. :(
    Must use my stash up!
  • Knit_Witch
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    1. Read 214 books - 74/214 oops a bit behind on this one! well two books behind
    2. Knit 16 squares 10/16 - on track with this one :D
    3. At least 1 new recipe every 4 weeks – 10/13 - ahead of the game with this!
    4. Use make-up at least once a week - 18/52 - hmm might need to play catch up with this as well :(
    5. Finish sweater - err:whistle: having to pull it all out didn't help
    6. Finish tapestry (main background colour) - started working on this again
    7. Finish Map of Durham - plan to work on this tomorrow
    8. Read all the Terry Pratchetts (Discworld ones) – 21/35 - happy with this!
    9. Use up all the odds and sods of lotions and potions! - 13 down, only a couple left to go.

All in all quite successful so far, but I do need to crack on with crafting, weight loss and debt busting (and all at the same time :eek::eek:)
    Must use my stash up!
  • HeadAboveWater
    HeadAboveWater Posts: 3,941 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker Debt-free and Proud!
    Options
    I'm an eater too, and usually don't have much of an excuse at all! ;):rotfl: Although in saying that, when I'm stressed or worried about something, I find I don't eat, rather than over eat. In short? I can't control my emotions, I can't stop myself from crying or getting angry, I can't control what people say to me, but I can control what I eat (or don't eat :o). It's a relief to know and understand that about myself, because now I know I can take control of that! (If that makes sense! :p)
    Wealth is what you're left with when all your money runs out
  • Knit_Witch
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    I'm an eater too, and usually don't have much of an excuse at all! ;):rotfl: Although in saying that, when I'm stressed or worried about something, I find I don't eat, rather than over eat. In short? I can't control my emotions, I can't stop myself from crying or getting angry, I can't control what people say to me, but I can control what I eat (or don't eat :o). It's a relief to know and understand that about myself, because now I know I can take control of that! (If that makes sense! :p)

That makes perfect sense to me!
    Must use my stash up!
  • HeadAboveWater
    HeadAboveWater Posts: 3,941 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker Debt-free and Proud!
    Options
    Good! Now make sure and look after yourself please :)
    Wealth is what you're left with when all your money runs out
  • Knit_Witch
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Everything seems to have ground to a halt, my weight has stalled (dagnabbit!), I haven't crafted in two weeks and I am 6 books behind on my target! Oh and add in to that I haven't worn make-up for three weeks and things are not looking too good Wytchy wise (grumble). So taking my cue from Carolyn at http://1940sexperiment.wordpress.com/ I am getting my act back on track.

Read 214 books - 80/214 - okay I need to crack on with this, audio books could be my friend again whilst I craft.

Knit 16 squares 10/16 - actually I am on track with this, but I want to get more done and start to stitch the throw together.

At least 1 new recipe every 4 weeks – 11/13 - this is well and truly on track! I have one to type up on my recipe blog but other than that things are looking good.

Use make-up at least once a week - 18/52 - okay currently 3 behind on this and this week ain't going to happen either! But if I start to wear make-up on a Monday when I go to the crafty afternoon then that will help.

Finish sweater - at the moment this is on hold whilst I deal with the other crafty stuff first, hopefully I will get lots done on holiday though.

Finish tapestry (main background colour) - this is my main focus at home at the moment, if I can get the main background colour done this year I stand a chance of getting the whole thing finished in a year or two.

Finish Map of Durham - this is my crafty afternoon project and it is coming along nicely, once this one is finished I will gradually work through the other cross stitch projects I ahve, I can just about manage an hour a week.

Read all the Terry Pratchetts (Discworld ones) – 23/35 - these are my bedtime reading at the moment, and again I am nicely on target, of course these do count towards my overall total which helps!

Use up all the odds and sods of lotions and potions! - 13 down - I have a couple to finish off so again this has worked rather well (but has taken a bit of a backseat along with the make-up thing, so I need to get back to it.)

The soggy weather is not helping my pain and get up and go any, but if I want to succeed at all they I need to push past that a bit (but not too much or I can end up a lot worse!), I think the bad weather is affecting the dogs as well, they are either spark out (which is nice and cute!) or manic (not so nice and cute), today (thank the Goddess!) is a spark out on the sofa day :), as they are nice and quiet I reckon I can finish reading a book on my Kindle, wash up my lunch bowl and then work on the tapestry with either an audio book or the TV on for background noise.

Forgot to post this lol - but anyway I have done another chunk on the tapestry, I am getting to the stage where I can see then end of the main first colour, another three or four sessions should see that done, then I need to decide if I am going to continue with it or move to something else?
    Must use my stash up!
  • please-let-me-be-lucky
    Options
    Nice to see you posting again and some positives in there!
    Debts @ LBM £23,729.31. Debts @ 08/04/2016 £0 :j
    Best win so far - holiday to Florida
  • Knit_Witch
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Well not much is happening at the Witch household, debt busting is sort of level and minimum :o, mind you crafting is happening (even if it isn't the knitting :rotfl:) and weight - well I can't break through that flipping 20 stone barrier :mad: and I really want to have done that by this time next month when we are away (actually being 19-7 is my current target!), so I think I need to really crack on and see if I can knuckle down and do that!

So next week -
    lose those flipping three pounds!
    really work on the cross stitch and tapestry
    make a decent over payment next Friday
    Must use my stash up!
  • Knit_Witch
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Knit_Witch wrote: »

So next week -
    lose those flipping three pounds!
    really work on the cross stitch and tapestry
    make a decent over payment next Friday

Erm well it wasn't THAT successful a week, I lost 2 of the 3 pounds (blast it!), I cracked on with the tapestry but nothing on the cross stitch (oops!) and the over payment didn't happen!

Still another week starts tomorrow and I will have another crack at it then!
    Must use my stash up!
  • Knit_Witch
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Sorry I haven't posted for a while on here (or really any where on the forum), I have basically gone into total meltdown, overspending, weight all over the show, not knitting/crafting, bursting into tears at the drop of ... well anything!

Thank you the medical profession for starting off the emotional demolition but continuing and allowing me to build new walls, sensible walls would have been good :(
    Must use my stash up!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport