Tesco Direct Pyrex Offer Problem

Options
I've had a nightmare with the Pyrex offer that was recently on. The items kept going out of stock in store so I ordered the two items online but it had to be store pick up to redeem the tokens I'd saved. DH went along to pick it up and when he was handed the box the jingling sounds from it clearly meant it was smashed to bits. The assistant opened the box and there was only 1 of the items in there and it was broken. The other item wasn't there at all. The assistant said he'd contact Tesco Direct for replacements and sure enough he phoned me that day and said it should be ready for store pick up on Monday (yesterday). It wasn't there yesterday or today so DH called CS this evening. They didn't know what he was talking about, have no record of the store phoning or any replacements ordered, the missing item is now oos and the offer has finished. They've told me to go back to the store and explain what's happened and get them look for the missing item again - this would be our 4th trip to Tesco to try and pick up this order! They've set up stock alerts for the oos item but then I have to hope they honor the offer if it ever comes back in stock. All those tokens I've saved up could go to waste now the offer has expired.

Can anyone please tell me the best way to proceed with this? I'm thoroughly annoyed with Tesco at the moment!

Comments

• Spamalert
    Spamalert Posts: 9 Forumite
    Options
    After waiting for the Pyrex dishes to come back in stock on Tesco Direct, I eventually called the offer line to order by phone - this was on the last day. They took my details and said they'd phone me the next day to take my order. They didn't call, so I phoned them back - they said not to worry, they had a lot of people to phone, and they would definitely get around to my name. They took my details again to be sure they were correct, and I waited. On Thursday I phoned again with the same response.

I tried phoning Tesco but they said it was a Pyrex phone number and not their problem. This is 8 days later now. I presume I was being fobbed off.

Is anyone else in this position? Did you get a call back?
    Can anyone suggest anything I can do?
    Thanks.
  • shop-to-drop
    shop-to-drop Posts: 4,340 Forumite
    Options
    I phoned on the last day when they were having problems and they phoned me back on monday afternoon.
    :j Trytryagain FLYLADY - SAYE £700 each month Premium Bonds £713 Mortgage Was £100,000@20/6/08 now zilch 21/4/15:beer: WTL - 52 (I'll do it 4 MUM)
  • poshnosh
    poshnosh Posts: 223 Forumite
    Options
    Im so frustrated. Placed online order on 26/05/13, after half hour, their system shut down, had called 0845 no. No-one called back as promised nxt day or day after.

Re- ordered on 01/06/13, told will have items nxt 14 days. They promised an email wud be sent. Nothing received. Called today, they said they cant find my details, eventually found. Now will dispatch on 20/06/13. Asked for manager- all in a meeting. Spoke to 3 different people. Demanded a refund as ordered 10 items, refused and said cant do that. argued and argued, eventually said will refund me..... so lets see.

Absolute nightmare of a company, all seems a ploy. Tesco give you 1 measley voucher for £20 worh of spendn hire a botch company who barely spk english, crap customer services, full of false promises.

Never again!
  • poshnosh
    poshnosh Posts: 223 Forumite
    Options
    Im so frustrated. Placed online order on 26/05/13, after half hour, their system shut down, had called 0845 no. No-one called back as promised nxt day or day after.

Re- ordered on 01/06/13, told will have items nxt 14 days. They promised an email wud be sent. Nothing received. Called today, they said they cant find my details, eventually found. Now will dispatch on 20/06/13. Asked for manager- all in a meeting. Spoke to 3 different people. Demanded a refund as ordered 10 items, refused and said cant do that. argued and argued, eventually said will refund me..... so lets see.

Absolute nightmare of a company, all seems a ploy. Tesco give you 1 measley voucher for £20 worh of spendn hire a botch company who barely spk english, crap customer services, full of false promises.

Never again!
  • mrskim_2
    mrskim_2 Posts: 5 Forumite
    Options
    I ordered mine on a phone number given by Tesco on the 20/5/13 was told 21 day delivery. Phoned again last Friday to be told they had no knowledge of my placing an order,my name, my address or E-mail but they somehow remembered to charge the money to my credit card on 21/5/13, as a large company they really should know it's against MasterCard and Visa regulations to charge for goods before dispatch. Contacted Tesco through the face book thread and it seems they really don't want to know. So they take your money but don't supply the goods.
  • Pollycat
    Pollycat Posts: 34,714 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Savvy Shopper!
    Options
    mrskim wrote: »
    I ordered mine on a phone number given by Tesco on the 20/5/13 was told 21 day delivery. Phoned again last Friday to be told they had no knowledge of my placing an order,my name, my address or E-mail but they somehow remembered to charge the money to my credit card on 21/5/13, as a large company they really should know it's against MasterCard and Visa regulations to charge for goods before dispatch. Contacted Tesco through the face book thread and it seems they really don't want to know. So they take your money but don't supply the goods.

Can you elaborate on 'don't really want to know', please.

What did they say about taking your money but denying they knew about your order etc?
    I would have insisted on an answer to that question.

What have they said about refunding you?

I would be inclined to complain to Trading Standards and write (not email) a complaint to Tesco head office detailing your experience, especially the fact that your money was taken and you've not had any goods.
  • mrskim_2
    Options
    Hi Pollycat
    I am not allowed as a newbie to post the link to the FB page that I have been communicating on. But if you google Facebook Tesco/Pyrex offer it will take you to the link.
    Have also contacted the Pyrex help line who just said E-mail a copy of my CC statement to them so they can verify they took the money.
  • Pollycat
    Pollycat Posts: 34,714 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Savvy Shopper!
    Options
    mrskim wrote: »
    Hi Pollycat
    I am not allowed as a newbie to post the link to the FB page that I have been communicating on. But if you google Facebook Tesco/Pyrex offer it will take you to the link.
    Have also contacted the Pyrex help line who just said E-mail a copy of my CC statement to them so they can verify they took the money.

I've had a quick look - all I can assume from this comment:
    and it seems they really don't want to know
    is that Tesco are saying they can't do anything and they are referring people directly to Pyrex.

I can really only ask this question again
    What did they say about taking your money but denying they knew about your order etc?
    I would have insisted on an answer to that question.
    Who took your money? Tesco or Pyrex?

And I would (as another poster on Facebook has said) be inclined to complain to Trading Standards.

It's not acceptable (imho) for Tesco to offer a promotion then wash their hands of it after the promation has ended and refer people to a different company.

I would also write (not email) a complaint to Tesco head office detailing your experience, especially the fact that your money was taken and you've not had any goods.

And if you think it warrants it and enough people have been affected, why not drop an email to Watchdog?

If you go to the BBC/Watchdog website there's a way to contact them.
  • mrskim_2
    Options
    Not ignoring last post. On my phone so will reply later when I can get to the computer, so much easier.
  • battleborn
    battleborn Posts: 516 Forumite
    Options
    No one cares in Tesco, the staff are too busy thinking about the next cigarette break.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.4K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure