Anglian windows product missold by unlawful means

Options

Summary:

If you have had a similar experience with Anglian HomeImprovements please contact me directly on anglianhunter@yahoo.co.uk. I amtaking them to court and want to get as many witness statements as possible.

Detail:

Anglain canvassed our area offering free no obligationquotes 50% off. We got a quote for doing our house. We were conned into signinga purchase order which they now want us to pay. We were specifically told thefollowing lies by their representative:

[*]We handed over £50 to “guarantee the price of the quote”. This was actually a deposit.
    [*]We foolishly signed a purchase order. However, we did not know it was a purchase order, in fact were told it “was just a template for measuring the windows”.
    [*]We were told “we could choose to go through with the purchase at any time for the next 12 months or not if we chose otherwise”.
    When the representative left our home we had no idea we hadcommitted ourselves to any expenditure. This is of course in the small print ofthe purchase order (which we were told was not a purchase order). We are nowway past the cooling off period and Anglian are demanding we pay the full valueto get the windows installed, or 80% and get nothing.

This way of getting business is clearly negligentmisrepresentation, and I would argue fraudulent misrepresention.

If you have been told similar lies by Anglian (even if younever went through with the purchase) I would love to hear from you to helpbuild my case (or indeed strengthen yours if you are going through somethingsimilar).

I would also be very interested in hearing any successstories from challenging similar contracts.

Thanks in advance

Comments

• greenface
      greenface Posts: 4,871 Forumite
      Mortgage-free Glee!
      Options
      Good luck where are they up to with the process ? Have they Measured ? have they made anything ? They havent lost much if they are at base one. Be proffesional with any letters you send
      :cool: hard as nails on the internet . wimp in the real world :cool:
    • philip1988
      philip1988 Posts: 167 Forumite
      First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
      Options
      Did you not read the top of the form you signed which clearly says
      WINDOWS AND DOORS
      Customer purchase order and schedule of works ????

However, I agree that the Anglian reps are very underhand and will do anything to get a sale. In our case the rep on many different occasions verbally said that she was quoting for "A" grade windows and it wasn't until we got the certificates that we found we had "B" rated windows.

When I signed the PO I didn't notice that she had left the grade boxes blank. I complained to the regional office and as with you they hid behind the signed contract. So I emailed the CEO and within a week I had 2 regional managers in my lounge agreeing to replace the windows.

As greenface says they will have little/no cost if the surveyor hasn't been out to check the reps measurements tso they wouldn't have started to manufacture the windows yet

My advice is forget the rep/regional office go straight to the top. The CEO is Peter Mottershead and his email address is probably:

peter.mottershead@angliangroup.com

Good luck
    • Anglian_Home_Improvements
      Anglian_Home_Improvements Posts: 4 Organisation Representative
      Options
      Hi Anglianhunter,

We have seen you commenting across various websites and we have been responding. Please could you get in touch with us by emailing blog@angliangroup.com so we can look into this for you.

This would be greatly appreciated.

Many thanks
      Official Company Representative
      I am the official company representative of Energyhelpline. MSE has given permission for me to post in response to queries about the company, so that I can help solve issues. You can see my name on the companies with permission to post list. I am not allowed to tout for business at all. If you believe I am please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com This does NOT imply any form of approval of my company or its products by MSE"
    • docmatt
      docmatt Posts: 915 Forumite
      Options
      So you paid £50 to 'guarantee the quote amount' along with signing an order?

Stupid-Broke_Internet.jpg
    • Furts
      Furts Posts: 4,474 Forumite
      Options
      Hi anglianhunter
      There is forum etiquette to be polite and understanding to "Newbies". Your comments are welcome.

What does baffle me is why any consumer ever gives consideration to Anglian Windows. Their reputation is so bad, that any trawl through forums and the internet would result in there being no customer base for them.

One would expect Anglian Windows to react to these market forces by getting their act in order. Instead they keeping searching for customers - to exploit with sub standard products and dubious price strategies.
    • docmatt
      docmatt Posts: 915 Forumite
      Options
      Furts wrote: »
      Hi anglianhunter
      There is forum etiquette to be polite and understanding to "Newbies". Your comments are welcome.

What does baffle me is why any consumer ever gives consideration to Anglian Windows. Their reputation is so bad, that any trawl through forums and the internet would result in there being no customer base for them.

One would expect Anglian Windows to react to these market forces by getting their act in order. Instead they keeping searching for customers - to exploit with sub standard products and dubious price strategies.

Furts I suppose the big boys are gonna have some bad press against them, I mean,lets say we did the mother of all Google searches and between us we found, say 70 bad reviews about Anglian but then we found out that they had done over 100,000 installations?

Not sticking up for Anglian of course and I still think the OP is gullible but it's fair to say the big boys are gonna get some bad reviews as you never see praises as thats what 'tinternet is all about!
    • mjm3346
      mjm3346 Posts: 46,922 Forumite
      First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
      Options
      Cancelled an order with them and had no problems doing so.
    • greenface
      greenface Posts: 4,871 Forumite
      Mortgage-free Glee!
      Options
      Hi Anglianhunter,

We have seen you commenting across various websites and we have been responding. Please could you get in touch with us by emailing [EMAIL="blog@angliangroup.com"]blog@angliangroup.com[/EMAIL] so we can look into this for you.

This would be greatly appreciated.

Many thanks
      You know who he is . You have the details . Ring him up or knock on his old door that youve quoted for. If you dont know because you have so many unsatisfied potential customers SHAME ON YOU .
      :cool: hard as nails on the internet . wimp in the real world :cool:
    • macman
      macman Posts: 53,098 Forumite
      Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
      Options
      The moral is quite simple-don't ever sign anything until you've read it. If a rep is genuine, then he would have no problem with a customer saying 'I need to check this overnight before I sign it, can you come back tomorrow and collect it?
      No free lunch, and no free laptop ;)
    • Tiexen
      Tiexen Posts: 726 Forumite
      First Post First Anniversary
      Options
      I really hate these "50%" off offers on products with no real price.

I had window quotes from some of the big companies all with 40% /- 50% off, finally went with a small local firm no offers and half the discount price of the big boys.
    This discussion has been closed.
    Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
    • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
    • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
    • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
    • 235.6K Work, Benefits & Business
    • 608.5K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
    • 173.2K Life & Family
    • 248.1K Travel & Transport
    • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure