Credit Solutions Ltd, letter.... Scam??

Options
Hi guys,

My boyfriend has received a letter in the post today, and it just seems like a completel scam to me, but I want to make sure! It says it's regarding Telefonica O2 UK Ltd. The letter is from -

Credit Solutions Limited
Capella Court,
Brighton Road,
Purley,
Surrey
CR8 2PG

The letter reads - -

Dear Mr ________

Our recent investigations have resulted in your details being obtained from a credit referencing agency due to a link with data we hold regarding the account shown above.

To verify you are responsible for the account shown above, or if you believe that this is not the case, please contact us urgently on 0208 763 4569.

If we do not recieve a response to this letter within 7 days, we will assume you are responsible and debt proceedings will commence.

PLEASE GIVE THIS LETTER YOUR URGENT ATTENTION

Yours Sincerely,

John White
For Credit Solutions Limited

Under their address (as given above) there is an 0800 number, yet in the letter there is an 0208 number?? Also it gives a website to pay online, which is www.paythisaccount.com
Is this a scam letter ?!

Thankyou :)

Only when our eyes have seen darkness, can we truly appreciate the light...:A

Comments

• grumbler
    grumbler Posts: 58,629 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    Under their address (as given above) there is an 0800 number, yet in the letter there is an 0208 number??
    http://callerr.com/02087634569
  • Silk
    Silk Posts: 4,836 Forumite
    First Anniversary
    Options
    Hi guys,

My boyfriend has received a letter in the post today, and it just seems like a completel scam to me, but I want to make sure! It says it's regarding Telefonica O2 UK Ltd. The letter is from -
    http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=3231882
    It's not just about the money
  • chanz4
    chanz4 Posts: 10,901 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Xmas Saver!
    Options
    they are a dca
    Don't put your trust into an Experian score - it is not a number any bank will ever use & it is generally a waste of money to purchase it. They are also selling you insurance you dont need.
  • mobilejunkie
    mobilejunkie Posts: 8,460 Forumite
    edited 18 March 2013 at 10:55PM
    Options
    You need to establish the nature of their claim i.e. the "debt" - and who it is with. If it is incorrect you need to contact the organisation who claims you defaulted and get them to rectify the error (assuming it is). They will already have trashed your credit file and that's the most urgent and important thing you really need to sort out - whatever the validity of the claim.

As far as the supposed debt is concerned, they would need to sue you and you would have ample notice (and details) of the claim and the full opportunity to defend it in court if needbe. However, the credit record is likely to be a MUCH more serious and immediate issue; doing nothing is really not an option.

Unpaid debts can arise (with mobile contracts) where people don't realise they have to give notice at the end of the minimum term and then (possibly) move and don't realise a contract is still running. Of course, they should at least notice money going out every month (or declined payments) but (it appears) many don't - sometimes because they have cancelled the direct debit without realising they first need to give notice to cancelt the contract.

You need to establish exactly what this is for - and the letter does indeed give you the opportunity to do just that. A court wouldn't look kindly on such a letter being ignored should it reach that stage - and a reasonable (written) reply will support whatever position you end up taking.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.6K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.2K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure