Elliotts Holiday timeshare

Options

Comments

• dzug1
    dzug1 Posts: 13,535 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    Savvy_Sue wrote: »
    True, but what are they going to do, evict you? cancel your contract?

Evict the prostitute I would think
  • Dimey
    Dimey Posts: 1,434 Forumite
    Options
    Having read the Guardian/Observer story, is there any reason why your parents couldn't leave the time share to the owner(s) of the Timeshare scheme, in their will. Obviously don't tell the owner(s) beforehand.

That way you get rid of the asset and still inherit the rest of your parents legacy.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    "Any more posts you want to make on something you obviously know very little about?"
    Is an actual reaction to my posts, so please don't rely on anything I say. :)
  • terryw
    terryw Posts: 4,396 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    Options
    Dimey wrote: »
    Having read the Guardian/Observer story, is there any reason why your parents couldn't leave the time share to the owner(s) of the Timeshare scheme, in their will. Obviously don't tell the owner(s) beforehand.

That way you get rid of the asset and still inherit the rest of your parents legacy.

Wouldn't work as it would be refused.
    "If you can bear to hear the truth you've spoken
    Twisted by knaves to make a trap for fools"
    Extract from "If" by Rudyard Kipling
  • Dimey
    Options
    terryw wrote: »
    Wouldn't work as it would be refused.

I see but then could it be foisted on the remaining inheritors if it was willed to someone else but refused?
    "Any more posts you want to make on something you obviously know very little about?"
  • terryw
    terryw Posts: 4,396 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    Options
    Dimey wrote: »
    I see but then could it be foisted on the remaining inheritors if it was willed to someone else but refused?

Have a read of the link to the Tony Hetherington above. The problem is that the executors are responsible for dealing with all debts and liabilities and this liability is forever.
    "If you can bear to hear the truth you've spoken
    Twisted by knaves to make a trap for fools"
    Extract from "If" by Rudyard Kipling
  • Dimey
    Options
    Ah yes, I see what you mean. Poor OP.

So the Executors would probably not want to pay out the rest of the bequeaths as they'd want to keep the money to pay this on-going bill "in perpetuity" or until the deceased's estate goes bankrupt.

Hmm. I wonder what pecking order the Executor has to pay out bequests in. I guess Customs & Excise, HMRC and Utilities first but wonder what happens down the line and where an in perpetuity timeshare annual invoice comes. Is there a precedent from court?

Has anyone gone to court under an "unfair clause" appeal?
  • John_Pierpoint
    John_Pierpoint Posts: 8,391 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Find someone near penniless, who will be dying without heirs and leave it to them?
    I am sure the Treasury solicitor with think of a way of not inheriting it.
  • FLATTY
    Options
    i have refused to pay the annual maintenance charge for my timeshare at cameron house loch lomond owned by de vere. They are threatening to put the matter in the hands of a debt collctor. Can they do this, and has this happened to any board members?
    HELLO
    , we are being threatened by cameron house LOCH LOMAND for maintenance fees, i have cancelled our membership and havnt used it for 2 years but they say it is our responsability to pay them or they will forward to debt collectors, can they do this or should i just ignore their threats?
  • dzug1
    dzug1 Posts: 13,535 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    Yes they can do it and probably will.
  • FLATTY
    Options
    Has anyone been threatened by cameron house loch lomand with debt collectors for non payment of maintenance fees? I have stopped paying them as they have gone up too high and we are unable to go any more, they have cancelled our membership but say we still have to pay the fees unless we sell it. Which is impossible! As anyone been through the same thing and what was the outcome?
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure