Where's my furniture? What to do next?

Options
Hi, I bought furniture (value £300) using my credit card from Roomstogo and had an email confirming my purchase with an invoice number on 13.6.12. I have been trying to contact the company to get a delivery date. Unfortunately, the phone number on the website (which I have telephoned 3 times) is to an answering service who will only pass on my email address to Roomstogo. I have also twice used the contact form on the website asking for help. To date I have not had a reply. I am becoming concerned that payment has been taken, I have no furniture and can't get hold of anybody to help.
Am I protected by using my credit card to pay and then not receiving the goods?
Any advice would be really appreciated as I don't know what to do.
Thanks.
Caroline

Comments

• bazster
    bazster Posts: 7,436 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    edited 26 June 2012 at 10:15AM
    Options
    This?

http://www.roomstogo.org.uk/

You are absolutely protected by your credit card (provided that any individual items making up your purchase were at least £100 each), but I don't think the card company will be interested in taking action yet since it's only been a couple of weeks (although I understand your concern that you haven't heard from them yet and you can't contact them).

The address given on their website (if it is the one above) looks to be a residential address, which is never encouraging. It is the same address that the company directors live at (husband and wife apparently):

http://company-director-check.co.uk/director/909403823
    http://company-director-check.co.uk/director/911514112

Wisely (from their point of view) they appear to be ex-directory.

If I were you I would write to them personally, recorded delivery, at that address and request to know when your furniture will be delivered. Tell them that if you don't receive your furniture on a mutually-agreed date within two weeks of the date of your letter then you will make a Section 75 claim against your credit card company, and that you reserve the right to take them to the Small Claims Court.

And if you don't get your furniture within the time period, then go to your credit card company.

Unless of course this is the wrong website, in which case please post more details.
    Je suis Charlie.
  • 66carolinej
    Options
    Bazster - thanks for the reply, this has reassured me.
    Yes, that's the company.

I did manage to get the answering service to give me another email rather than the generic company email and within 15 minutes had a reply. Although no specific delivery date, the email informs me that as a guide it may be sometime next week
    and they will contact me to arrange delivery. Once that point has passed I will write as you suggest.

Caroline
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.4K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport