Aol Complaints procedure ?

Options
Hey folks

Im having some real problems with AOL, i migrated from tesco under the promise of the £9.99 pmonth deal, no contract or tie in one free month and a cheap Router, just had my first bill and ive been charged £14.99, contacted AOL and they have denied any such deal, even though the deal was confirmed via email, ive been told there is no such deal. After many phone calls ive been told they will bring the payment down to £9.99 (as a favour)bull!!! but say i am still tied in. I have emailed the original advisor who migrated me as all my migration terms were emailed to me on transfer which confirm the deal, but received no answer. Ive followed AOL's own complaints procedure in writing but no answer. Has anybody got a direct number to their complaints department as nobody at AOL will give me a straight answer.

thanks.

Comments

• deanos
    deanos Posts: 11,223 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Uniform Washer
    Options
    Did you sign up to any t+c's when you joined ?
  • steveowen100
    Options
    Hi Deanos

This is how it went. Id actualy seen your thread regarding the deal you had got, so i contacted them and was offered the following deal to migrate.

1 month free
    no contract
    £9.99 per month
    £25.00 for router (tried to get free one)

Great i thought i said to the advisor email me those details as confirmation, which she did, the email just confirmed the above.

Anway browsing the forum id seen some had managed to get upgraded to 8mb at the same price and thought id try my luck, when i spoke to a advisor (indian call centre) they said i was in a contract and was paying £14.99 per month and no such deal existed, asked to speak to a supervisor and was told nobody cold help me?? many phone calls later got through to the Irish call centre (sales) and he said oh yeah i no about that deal, and told me to ring (billing) got pushed from person to person, and in the end they said ok we'll do it for £9.99 but your still tied into a years contract, ive disputed it because the original agreement, confirmed by email clearly states my deal, ive got the advisors email, ive contacted her and heard nothing so i wrote to AOL's complaints department and STILL a week later ive heard nothing!!, not only that after i was told i would be dropped down to £9.99 i checked my account and £14.99 had been taken by AOL phoned them and was told it would be refunded, but still not received it !!!!.

Any ideas anyone.
  • steveowen100
    Options
    And !!!! while im complaining anybody know why im only connecting at 1mb, when i was first connected it was connecting at 2mb ...bloody AOL...

LOL....

Thanks
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.4K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.2K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family