BAA Worldcard

Options
What is it and does anybody have a link to?

Comments

• tom188
    tom188 Posts: 2,330 Forumite
    Options
    Was bank of scotland backed. now i believe discontinued - it gave worldcard points you could spend at baa airports.
  • stphnstevey
    stphnstevey Posts: 3,225 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    RoCas wrote:

The BAA Worldcard was mentioned as top points on Martin's article on reward points. I'm getting the impression that the credit card of similiar name has ended as mentioned below and was replaced with the above.

Is the current scheme a credit card?
  • tom188
    Options
    No World Points are like nectar/clubcard points and are collected using a loyalty card when you pay.

The Worldcard allowed you to collect these on the rest of your shopping. I have not seen it mentioned for at least a couple of years - i think since BOS and Halifax combined there credit card offerings.
  • dbhavnani99
    dbhavnani99 Posts: 17 Forumite
    Options
    While registering for 'Join Worldpoints online', the online form gives an option on the site which states:

Reward options
    In addition to rewards such as BAA airport shopping vouchers, discounts on pre-booked car parking at our airports, upgrades on the Heathrow, Gatwick and Stansted Express services, you may convert BAA WorldPoints into collector scheme miles with our partners.

Please select one of the following rewards you are most interested in converting BAA WorldPoints into:

- Airmiles from The AirMiles Travel Company

(To be eligible to collect Airmiles, you must be able to provide an address in the UK, the Isle of Man or the Channel Islands. The AirMiles Travel Company is the trading name of AIR MILES Travel Promotions.)

- diamond club destinations miles with bmi or Flying Club miles with Virgin Atlantic

Virgin / bmi Airmiles OR AIRMILES

Could any of the members on this forum please explain in detail as to what is the main difference between the two i.e. (1)Virgin/bmi Airmiles option or (2) simply Airmiles option.

Question number 2. Martin writes in credit card section BAA Worldcard credit card (D). In the footnote (D) means BAA Worldcard is only for existing members. Does this mean the benefits of BAA Worldcard are only available to existing members? I am asking this question coz I have applied(and have been accepted) for BAA worldcard in March 2007 so I am not technically an existing member but a new member as I have just been accepted for BAA Worldcard.

Would appreciate a reply from a member on this forum. Many Thanks in advance.
  • stphnstevey
    Options
    Do you have a link to the BAA worldcard application?

We all thought it had been discontinued
  • tom188
    Options
    I think dbhavnani99 has actually joined worldpoints the loyalty scheme and not applied for a worldcard
    Reward options
    In addition to rewards such as BAA airport shopping vouchers, discounts on pre-booked car parking at our airports, upgrades on the Heathrow, Gatwick and Stansted Express services, you may convert BAA WorldPoints into collector scheme miles with our partners.

Please select one of the following rewards you are most interested in converting BAA WorldPoints into:

- Airmiles from The AirMiles Travel Company

(To be eligible to collect Airmiles, you must be able to provide an address in the UK, the Isle of Man or the Channel Islands. The AirMiles Travel Company is the trading name of AIR MILES Travel Promotions.)

- diamond club destinations miles with bmi or Flying Club miles with Virgin Atlantic

Virgin / bmi Airmiles

Where members use BAA WorldPoints to obtain miles, they will be bound by the terms and conditions of the relevant airline or travel company. Participating airlines or travel companies may change from time to time.
  • King_Of_Fools
    King_Of_Fools Posts: 1,592 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    (1)Virgin/bmi Airmiles option or
    (2) simply Airmiles option.
    (1) http://www.virgin-atlantic.com/en/gb/frequentflyer/index.jsp
    (2) http://www.airmiles.co.uk/
  • dbhavnani99
    dbhavnani99 Posts: 17 Forumite
    Options
    Tom188 writes 'I think dbhavnani99 has actually joined worldpoints the loyalty scheme and not applied for a worldcard'.

No Tom188, I know exactly what I am doing. Tom it's not a good idea trying to be too clever by half in your posts as you may end up misleading other members of this forum in the process.

I have NOT applied for worldpoints(as you have so cutely put it) but have infact applied for BAA Worldcard credit card. It is not available online anymore but you can still apply for it by calling freephone number 0800 0320395.

The card I have received is called BAA Worldcard 1 visa classic card.
  • stphnstevey
    Options
    Well as it's not online, no one else can see any of the details but you, would you be kind enough to post some so we can see them?

How many points do you get for say £1 spend?
    Where can you spend these points?
    How many points to get what?
    Etc.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills