MAPLIN 2 for 1

Options
i have ordered from Maplin twice in the last few months.
My first order was for 100 Blank CDs for £20. When i opened the box the CD stack had split and the CDs were everywhere in the box. I politeley complained and without asking tem i recieved another 100 CDs worth £20 the NEXT DAY!!!.FREE.

2 months later i bought some Bubble Liquid for my Mobile Disco i run. The liquid was in simular packaging and the lid was ever so slightly loose and had spilt a tiny amount in the box. I informed them again of the situation (just to see what they said) and lo and behold the next day i recieved another bottle

NOW i wouldn't dare suggesting you folks to try this yourself unless an order was revieved in a slightly dodgey state. That could be deemed as fraud i believe.
But if an order was recieved in a bad state, then...? ;)
Named after my cat, picture coming shortly

Comments

• Glad
    Glad Posts: 18,865 Senior Ambassador
    Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    To complain that an item was faulty in order to obtain a freebie is definitely fraud and something this site does NOT condone.

If you do however receive faulty goods from anywhere then you should of course complain.
    I am a Senior Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on the Wales, Small Biz MoneySaving, In My Home (includes DIY) MoneySaving, and Old style MoneySaving boards. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com.All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.
  • MrIP
    MrIP Posts: 5 Forumite
    Options
    My point entirley... i did not ask for the free goods they just sent them.
    Named after my cat, picture coming shortly
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport