Giffgaff sim activation

Options
I have secured three sims for friends from Giffgaff but none of them will activate. Do you need to wait a period of time after receiving them to get them to activate?
Change is here to stay

Comments

• reclusive46
    reclusive46 Posts: 2,698 Forumite
    Options
    Apreciar wrote: »
    I have secured three sims for friends from Giffgaff but none of them will activate. Do you need to wait a period of time after receiving them to get them to activate?

Try activating them using a different browser
  • smalltownman
    Options
    Hi. You will have to open an account with Giffgaff for each sim(ie one sim = one account).
    Register your details. Then top up with£10. Then insert the serial number of the sim into the account. Giffgaff will then alocate your new mob. number to the account holder. When this shows on "your" account page, along with your £10 top-up, you are good to go. You may then port in your "old" mob number if required.
  • Mrs_Arcanum
    Mrs_Arcanum Posts: 23,976 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Options
    You can also buy O2 credit from the shop and top up via the GiffGaff website if you do not want to use a card.

As smalltown man says you do have to put £10 credit on each sim before they will activate. Very quick & then free calls to other GG users for 3 months.
    Truth always poses doubts & questions. Only lies are 100% believable, because they don't need to justify reality. - Carlos Ruiz Zafon, The Labyrinth of the Spirits
  • Apreciar
    Apreciar Posts: 627 Forumite
    Options
    The problem is that the code you key in is not accepted and so will not allow me to set up individual accounts.
    Change is here to stay
  • Apreciar
    Options
    Try activating them using a different browser
    Tried using Safari on my IPad and Chrome on my desktop both options reject the sim
    Change is here to stay
  • smalltownman
    smalltownman Posts: 16 Forumite
    edited 11 February 2012 at 5:02PM
    Options
    Hello Again. Try the 6 digit code first (case sensitive). If this no good, then try the 19 digit serial number on the sim. Otherwise you will have to contact agent thro Giffgaff website.
    ps. I have opened 3 accounts(two of them using same email address), with no issues. Also ported old number in. Brilliant cheaper service!!
  • Apreciar
    Options
    Hello Again. Try the 6 digit code first (case sensitive). If this no good, then try the 19 digit serial number on the sim. Otherwise you will have to contact agent thro Giffgaff website.
    Done that as it is stated on the activation page as an option, it's strange that all three sims are rejected. Having read of the time it takes to resolve problems on the forum at GG I think I will just give it up as a bad job. Pity, this means GG have lost three customers and I have lost the bonus points.
    Change is here to stay
  • Mrs_Arcanum
    Mrs_Arcanum Posts: 23,976 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Options
    Apreciar wrote: »
    Done that as it is stated on the activation page as an option, it's strange that all three sims are rejected. Having read of the time it takes to resolve problems on the forum at GG I think I will just give it up as a bad job. Pity, this means GG have lost three customers and I have lost the bonus points.

Unless you ordered the sims yourself the only bonus you have lost is the free fiver.

Try contacting one of the educators here. You can see who is on-line to get the quickest response.
    Truth always poses doubts & questions. Only lies are 100% believable, because they don't need to justify reality. - Carlos Ruiz Zafon, The Labyrinth of the Spirits
  • peachyprice
    peachyprice Posts: 22,346 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Just order three more sims?
    Accept your past without regret, handle your present with confidence and face your future without fear
  • msteer
    msteer Posts: 21 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    Not sure where you read that your problems take a long time to be resolved on the giffgaff forums, you often get about 6 replies in the first minute! Some sim cards are invalid, you can check whether the 3 you can check here: apps.giffgaff com/microgaff/simchecker/
    (just add the [.] for .com, cannot post links due to being a new user..)
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure