We'd like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum. This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are - or become - political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

Damart Catalogue - Can they do this (I'm guessing they can :-( )

Options
Hi All
My Mum who is in her late 60's got a Damart catalogue through a few weeks back. She liked a one of the items so decided to give them a go - ordering 3 pairs of trousers all in different colours and the items arrived yesterday. The sizing appears to be all to pot! My Mum sized herself up with a tape measure (and she is an ex-seamstress so knows her way around measurements) and ordered correctly according to the sizes in the catalogue but the items are completely out from what they should be!
I told her to return the items for the smaller size and she reckoned that she would have to pay for the returns! So I told her she wouldn't and to give them to me and that I would sort it As far as I could see the items are faulty (sizing wrong) so doesn't that mean the business has to pay for return postage? I have since been on their website, and it does say returns are at customers own cost:eek:...even for faulty goods!!! So my Mum was right! Surely not though?! It is going to cost my Mum at least £5 to send the stuff back and she ordered 3 fairly heavy pairs of trousers!
http://www.damart.co.uk/contact_us.php

Comments

• Bronnie
    Bronnie Posts: 4,165 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    edited 8 December 2011 at 9:25PM
    Options
    They have a customer service helpline. I would be giving them a call and be very very nice and explain what you've told us if you do believe that the sizing of the garment is inconsistent and see if you can get them to honour their aims stated on their website:

"From our UK headquarters in Bingley, Yorkshire we strive to deliver unrivalled quality, value and, most of all, excellent customer service. Using the feedback we receive from our wonderful customers, we hope we are exceeding our customers' expectations in all areas."

Lots of droning on in the nicest possible way about elderly mum being disappointed, loved the product, had high hopes , worry it might put her off purchasing from them in future, always held Damart in high regard, upset about the cost of return when she had taken her measurements carefully and accurately etc etc etc should do the trick, especially if she is actually going to still want the item but in a smaller size and is not just after a refund.

If you meet resistance, then polite mention of the above quote might be worthwhile!
  • Coopdivi
    Coopdivi Posts: 3,412 Forumite
    Options
    Don't ring the 0871 number because that's premium rate. Dial 01274 568211 which takes you through to the main switchboard then ask for customer services.

http://www.saynoto0870.com/numbersearch.php

• System
    System Posts: 178,109 Community Admin
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    i made the mistake of ordering from them never again ,poor quality items ,delivery is far too long and cs is abysmal.
  • MRSTITTLEMOUSE
    Options
    CHRISSYG wrote: »
    i made the mistake of ordering from them never again ,poor quality items ,delivery is far too long and cs is abysmal.

Me too,they used to be quite good but have certainly gone downhill in the past few years though.
  • Snap-ant
    Snap-ant Posts: 15,944 Forumite
    Photogenic First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    I do know they will send out a prepaid returns label if faulty ;)
    Our Family Motto ~
    If all else fails - read the instructions...

• viclspence
    Options
    I'm not sure if you know the setup for Damart. It is a factory in bingley where the customer service staff are paid peanuts and dont get computers, they have to handwrite everything then someone higher up in the ranks is allowed the computer to input it! If you pay peanuts, you get monkeys - I do know people who work for them too coming from that neck of the woods!
    Life is like a box of chocolates..........you always seem to pick the hard ones!
  • oswemid
    Options
    My wife ordered and paid for by cheque, two items from Damart March 25th, Damart cashed cheque on 27/03/2012 (27th March).
    Still awaiting goods
    Emails ignored. up to today 19/04/2012.
    Hermes for delivery

Bad move on my wifes part.
    Damart support has a less than helpful reputation according to Internet forums
  • littlereddevil
    Options
    Hermes are pretty useless. They leave parcels lying any old place IMO
    travelover
  • Charliezoo
    Charliezoo Posts: 1,732 Forumite
    Options
    I won't order from them again - they lost my order info including the special offer code and I ended up paying more for the items then I expected but had no proof of the price I was quoted over the phone so couldn't argue!

I was also supposed to get a free trenchcoat that looked quite nice in the picture but they substituted it with the most bizarre striped padded blazer thing I've ever seen!
  • hardpressed
    hardpressed Posts: 2,099 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    I ordered a 2 packs of 3 items, sent them all back in the same parcel and they claimed I only sent 1 pack back and charged me for the other. Wouldn't listen when I said if they'd received one pack they must have received the other, so I ended up out of pocket. Would never buy from them again.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 344.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.4K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450.2K Spending & Discounts
  • 236.4K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.6K Life & Family
  • 249K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure