Do ORANGE charge for delivery reports??

Options
Friend of mine changed from PAYG to Monthly about 9 months ago, her tarriff was agreed at 15.20 a month for Unlimited texts and 1200 free mins - brilliant she thought, last 2 bills have just shot up to around 30 quid - she checked with Orange and they told her she has delivery report switched on and they charge for this?? Is this true?? Im with T-Mobile and they don't ? Funny thing is she hasnt altered phone settings so why charge now??
Better to light a candle than to curse the darkness. :beer:

Comments

• Jon_01
    Jon_01 Posts: 5,872 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Orange change .09 of a pence for them. Which works out at 1p with vat.
  • hellokitty08
    Options
    I thought that was £00.09, which meant 9p?
    Debt free since July 2013! Woo hoo! The bank actually laughed when I said I have come in to cancel my overdraft.
  • simax
    simax Posts: 1,959 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Pay monthly plans taken out after 1st April 2006 charge 1p for each delivery report. Plans before this date did not charge.

Pay as You Go plans do not charge.
    I spent 25 years in the mobile industry, from 1994 to 2019. Worked for indies as well as the big networks, in their stores also in contact centres. I also hold a degree in telecoms engineering so I like to think I know what I’m talking about 😂
  • gas4you
    gas4you Posts: 2,602 Forumite
    Options
    I was getting charged 10p per report until I realised what they were, so now turned them off.
  • grumbler
    grumbler Posts: 58,629 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    simax wrote: »
    Pay monthly plans taken out after 1st April 2006 charge 1p for each delivery report. Plans before this date did not charge.

Pay as You Go plans do not charge.
    They have hidden the information on the website very well. Out of curiosity I tried to find something, but failed.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure