scottish provident complaints

Options
hi, i put up a thread a few weeks ago about some problems we were having with our life assurance through Scottish Provident.
Briefly, having set up new life assurance with them through a financial advisor we realised that he had not asked us the right questions and we forwarded the new info to them.
They subsequently suspended our cover while they investigated. fair enough and we assumed switching cover would not be any quicker so we stuck with this.
Its now been over 5 weeks without cover, we ring every other day ang get told a different story each time. I want to register my complaint about this, but they only seem to offer the same customer care line that we keep getting unsatisfactory responses from.
Does anywone know an alternative or somewhere we can register our disappointment and hasve some confidence that it'll be registered?
thank you.

Comments

• dunstonh
    dunstonh Posts: 116,440 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    Does anywone know an alternative or somewhere we can register our disappointment and hasve some confidence that it'll be registered?

You have to complain to Scot Prov. Not their service line but their complaints team. Ask to be put through to complaints and that you wish to make an official complaint. You need to make it clear it is a complaint not a bit of venting or dissatisfaction.
    I am an Independent Financial Adviser (IFA). The comments I make are just my opinion and are for discussion purposes only. They are not financial advice and you should not treat them as such. If you feel an area discussed may be relevant to you, then please seek advice from an Independent Financial Adviser local to you.
  • magpiecottage
    Options
    Give the complaints team the date on which you FIRST expressed dissatisfaction with the delay and tell them that "for the purposes of FSA Rule DISP 1.6.2R that is when the 8 weeks started".

This is because the FSA defines a complaint as including "any expression of dissatisfaction".

Rule DISP (short for disputes) 1.6.2R ("R"= rule = compulsory, as opposed to "G" = guidance) gives 8 weeks to either issue a response or tell you that you can go to FOS (or give them more time at your discretion). There is no extra time allowed because they have failed to ensure they have staff sufficiently competent to recognis a complaint when they see one.
  • kingstreet
    kingstreet Posts: 38,784 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    I assume the adviser submitted the application online? In return, you should have received a copy of the application form showing the answers he gave, plus an e-declaration you needed to sign, date and return to them. This is designed to give you the opportunity to clarify if any answer was incomplete or incorrect.

Is this how you informed them of the differing answers?

Was this done before the plan was put into force or afterwards?
    I am a mortgage broker. You should note that this site doesn't check my status as a Mortgage Adviser, so you need to take my word for it. This signature is here as I follow MSE's Mortgage Adviser Code of Conduct. Any posts on here are for information and discussion purposes only and shouldn't be seen as financial advice. Please do not send PMs asking for one-to-one-advice, or representation.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.3K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure