Close Premium Finance

Options
I recently looked for cheap contents insurance on moneysupermarket.com and found one that was £15 a month. I barely even remember the name of the company, but looking at my bank statements it appears to be Resell Insurance. That sounded fine so I signed up, and it was fairly straight forward.

Skip forward 6-7 months and I didn't notice that my joint account was empty when they tried to take a direct debit. Two days later I got a nasty letter from 'Close Premium Finance' - a company I've never ever heard of - saying that because I'd missed a payment I owe them £30, but I shouldn't worry because they will take that with the other £15 and so £45 would be going out of my account in the next few days.

I immediately cancelled the direct debit and found another insurance company.

I drafted a letter to them saying that I won't be paying the charge and that I would like to cancel my insurance, but haven't got round to sending it yet. Today they sent me another letter with an attached 'default notice', claiming that I need to pay them within 10 days.

What do I do?

Comments

• di3004
    di3004 Posts: 42,579 Forumite
    Options
    WorriedBro wrote: »
    I recently looked for cheap contents insurance on moneysupermarket.com and found one that was £15 a month. I barely even remember the name of the company, but looking at my bank statements it appears to be Resell Insurance. That sounded fine so I signed up, and it was fairly straight forward.

Skip forward 6-7 months and I didn't notice that my joint account was empty when they tried to take a direct debit. Two days later I got a nasty letter from 'Close Premium Finance' - a company I've never ever heard of - saying that because I'd missed a payment I owe them £30, but I shouldn't worry because they will take that with the other £15 and so £45 would be going out of my account in the next few days.

I immediately cancelled the direct debit and found another insurance company.

I drafted a letter to them saying that I won't be paying the charge and that I would like to cancel my insurance, but haven't got round to sending it yet. Today they sent me another letter with an attached 'default notice', claiming that I need to pay them within 10 days.

What do I do?

Hi and welcome

If your having issues and difficulties due to a default with these, I would post on the debtfreewannabe thread below, I'm sure you will get the right advice on where to take this on there.
    http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/forumdisplay.php?f=76

If you believe you were mis sold though as well on the insurance, give it a go on the reclaiming.
    http://www.moneysavingexpert.com/reclaim/ppi-loan-insurance#step3
    The one and only "Dizzy Di" :D
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.7K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family