Applying for asda jobs

Options
DCFC79
DCFC79 Posts: 40,598 Forumite
Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
Anyone applied for an asda online and was successful ? Ive applied numerous times for various jobs at asda and everytime i get turned down and i dont know why. I complete the assessments and I think i answer the questions correctly so dont think its the assessments. Its so frustrating especially when 1 of the jobs is ideal as its what I used to do but for a competitor plus i could start now. Unlike application forms you dont get to express why you should work for or what you could bing to asda as an employee.

Comments

• SLAYFIELD1
    SLAYFIELD1 Posts: 69 Forumite
    Options
    I have also been rejected by ASDA following an online application. I'm not sure why. Someone suggested to me that it may be a case of doing too well on the online assessment?
  • ohreally
    ohreally Posts: 7,525 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Are you cosmetically challenged?
    Don’t be a can’t, be a can.
  • misssmcc
    misssmcc Posts: 155 Forumite
    Options
    when i was jobsearching i applied online for an asda job, and also got rejected :(
    <insert super cool inspirational sig here>
  • DCFC79
    Options
    SLAYFIELD1 wrote: »
    I have also been rejected by ASDA following an online application. I'm not sure why. Someone suggested to me that it may be a case of doing too well on the online assessment?

yes thats my feeling as well that because you score so highly or get every question correct they think that someone else is doing the application for you or you got "help" with it

Might try again but maybe try getting a few questions wrong.

Its a simple job yet it seems so far away
  • mitch161
    mitch161 Posts: 271 Forumite
    Options
    Asda dont know high IQ staff. no retailer does really. as these staff like to stick to their jobrole and just do what is being asked of them.

EG if they apply for a shelf stacker role and they hear a tannoy to step onto tills to help out. most high IQ people will know theres enough staff to man the tills and would just do their shelf stacking as thats what they are employed for.

retailers prefer niave staff that would without notice do whatever the manager tells them as they want to please their "mother hen" boss. the ones that dont know retail law and would believe that the company policy is law ABOVE retail law. and follow what they have been trained as they dont know better.

niave people are more flexible as they are worried that if they dont impress the boss by being their "whipping boy" they will get into trouble.

i have applied for a driving job for their home delivery as i have health issues which means kneeling down shelf stacking all day long wont be good for me. but multi drops where i spend 70% of time in a car seat gives me both the mobility, exercise and right balance to not affect my health. but asda want niave people that would run around and shelf stack work on tills and do warehouse work when at the base store.

trust me the job you apply for is never going to be 100% what you will end up doing 100% of time
  • DCFC79
    edited 26 June 2011 at 8:00PM
    Options
    mitch161 wrote: »
    Asda dont know high IQ staff. no retailer does really. as these staff like to stick to their jobrole and just do what is being asked of them.

EG if they apply for a shelf stacker role and they hear a tannoy to step onto tills to help out. most high IQ people will know theres enough staff to man the tills and would just do their shelf stacking as thats what they are employed for.

retailers prefer niave staff that would without notice do whatever the manager tells them as they want to please their "mother hen" boss. the ones that dont know retail law and would believe that the company policy is law ABOVE retail law. and follow what they have been trained as they dont know better.

niave people are more flexible as they are worried that if they dont impress the boss by being their "whipping boy" they will get into trouble.

i have applied for a driving job for their home delivery as i have health issues which means kneeling down shelf stacking all day long wont be good for me. but multi drops where i spend 70% of time in a car seat gives me both the mobility, exercise and right balance to not affect my health. but asda want niave people that would run around and shelf stack work on tills and do warehouse work when at the base store.

trust me the job you apply for is never going to be 100% what you will end up doing 100% of time

yes i know all that, like i said i did one of the jobs ive applied for at a competitior so im aware of what to expect, i wouldnt say its being niave but more showing your boss what you can do, making it known you can do x y and z but as im out of a job i thought id apply thinking i might have a chance. Looks like ill have to apply elsewhere for jobs.

I deduce theres 2 reasons why i was turned down, 1 is i have points on my licence for speeding and 2 is i answeredthe questions correctly making them think hat i got someone else to answer the questions. I dont think its number 1 as points on my licence doesnt affect my ability to do the job so it must be number 2.
  • GlasweJen
    GlasweJen Posts: 7,451 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    asda usually want a clean driving licence, all of the internal driving jobs going when i was there wanted clean licence held for 3 years or more.
  • suicidebob
    suicidebob Posts: 771 Forumite
    Options
    DCFC79 wrote: »
    2 is i answeredthe questions correctly making them think hat i got someone else to answer the questions.

Why do you think they would assume you got someone else to answer the questions? And how do you know you answered all of them correctly?
  • CountryGuy
    CountryGuy Posts: 714 Forumite
    Options
    Both my daughter and her boyfriend applied online. My daughter received an email saying they were looking at her CV while her boyfriend received nothing.

My daughter never got asked to an interview
    Just sold a lawnmower on Ebay.. That's the last time my neighbour will wake me up on a Saturday morning!
  • skintscotslass
    skintscotslass Posts: 2,860 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    I just got through the online application. When I attended the Magic Assessment Centre, we were told that there had been over 4,000 applicants for between 350 and 400 part time posts. They reckoned that only 60% of applicants got through the online part.

I really dont know why I got through and two of my friends didnt. The computer does the shortlisting, so I dont know how much of a margin for error there is. I assume it was on the statements, eg I like it when my work colleagues are my friend, I put down agree strongly for that one.

DD also got through the online application, but I dont know anyone else who has. Her BF is still waiting to hear back. They both applied before me, but I heard back first. Bizarre.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure