Income support A2 review form help plzz

Options
I could really need abit of help with this form i just got in the post today. The income support A2 review form. some of the questions are just driving me nuts. I'll just tell you abit of my back ground for the income support. I get care's allowance, i care for my father he's 74 now. Theres only my father and me in this council house, he as the council tenancy when we moved here back in 1973. Anyway back to the income support form in part 1 it asks for When did you move to this address it as a box for day month year, all i know it was back in 1973. My dad as no idea what day and month it was and my mum as passed away now, so can't ask her. Would it be ok just to put down 1973.

thanks for the help..

Comments

• dmg24
    dmg24 Posts: 33,925 Forumite
    Options
    Yes, do that and pop in a note explaining that you cannot remember the exact date.
    Gone ... or have I?
  • red_me
    red_me Posts: 66 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Thanks for the quick reply, I have five other question. In part 9 do you or your parter live with parents relatives or Friends as part of their family I went with yes also my father is the head of household.
    Next question have you or your partner claimed housing benefit I ticked no
    Next question have you or your partner claimed council tax benefit I ticked no
    Next question do you or your partner share the rent or mortgage for the place where you live with anyone else? I ticked no
    Next question do you or your partner rent your home from a council I ticked yes
    Have I answered these questions right?
    Like I said my dad as the tenancy he pays the rent and council tax I pay bored to my father.
  • DX2
    DX2 Posts: 8,275 Forumite
    Options
    red_me wrote: »
    Thanks for the quick reply, I have five other question. In part 9 do you or your parter live with parents relatives or Friends as part of their family I went with yes also my father is the head of household.
    Next question have you or your partner claimed housing benefit I ticked no
    Next question have you or your partner claimed council tax benefit I ticked no
    Next question do you or your partner share the rent or mortgage for the place where you live with anyone else? I ticked no
    Next question do you or your partner rent your home from a council I ticked yes
    Have I answered these questions right?
    Like I said my dad as the tenancy he pays the rent and council tax I pay bored to my father.
    Do you have a partner?
    *SIGH*
    :D
  • red_me
    Options
    No I'm single just me and father I have no chilldren.
  • real1314
    real1314 Posts: 4,432 Forumite
    Options
    "Next question do you or your partner rent your home from a council I ticked yes"

Tick NO - neither you nor "your partner" rent from a council - your dad does.
  • red_me
    Options
    Very greatfull with the help here, i think i have covered all problem questions. I'll go over the form again before i post it back just to make sure. But one think that i find very odd they wanted my bank details (again). But they should have the details already from when i got awared income support, its not a scam fake form?.
  • real1314
    real1314 Posts: 4,432 Forumite
    Options
    Nah, it's not a scam, it's just to update the records/check nothings changed.
    The bank bit's there in case you want to change it or if you've never been paid into the bank I should think. :cool:
  • red_me
    Options
    ok just got a reply back asking for my bank books now and statements, in the A2 form it said they didnt want the books or statement unless its above £5.500, but they still want it. I'm not happy sending those in post one bit. And the won't take photo copies.
    Do i need to do anything before poping them in the post?
  • dibuzz
    dibuzz Posts: 2,021 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    Options
    I'd photocopy them for my own records if there are no other copies or online statement and send them recorded delivery.
    14 Projects in 2014 - in memory of Soulie - 2/14
  • red_me
    Options
    Update to the review form, i sent off the bank book and original bank statement and they only returned my ISA bank book but not the bank statement, can i demand the return of the bank statement back. I'm not happy, why couldn't they just photo copy the statement and return the original.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure