Nou Camp and Barcelona Tours

Options
Hi,

We are travelling to Salou and we want to have a day trip to Barcelonas ground and also take in the Barcelona Zoo.

We have looked at the cost of the travel agents excursion and the cost is nearly £200 for 2 adults 2 children.

Is there a way to get there by ourselves.

I hope that you can help

Comments

• eezer
    eezer Posts: 348 Forumite
    edited 16 June 2011 at 10:54PM
    Options
    On the sea front in Salou there are trips organised by the official bus company (Plana Bus?). We went 2 years ago. I can't remember the exact price but it may have been approx 30e for an adult, about 20 for a child. This included entry to the Nou Camp, free time in Barcelona afterwards and a trip to see a dancing fountain after dark, getting back to Salou about 11pm. They run daily throughout the summer and leave at various times throughout the day. Don't pay rip off travel agent prices - it can be done much cheaper. Not sure about the zoo, but the bus company run a wide range of trips into Barcelona so it may be possible to combine both. The Nou Camp is well worth a visit.
  • Pee
    Pee Posts: 3,826 Forumite
    Options
    Book a ticket to a game online. That would be cheaper than that.
  • iaps
    iaps Posts: 123 Forumite
    Options
    Also some info here:
    Transfer From Barcelona to Salou - Trains, Bus and Private Taxi
    http://www.barcelona-tourist-guide.com/en/transport/transfer-barcelona-salou.html

train timetable http://horarios.renfe.com/HIRRenfeWeb/buscar.do?O=65410&D=BARCE&AF=2011&ID=i&MF=6&DF=16&SF=4
    Barcelona Football Stadium Guide
    http://www.barcelona-tourist-guide.com/en/sport/barcelona-fc/barcelona-football-stadium.html
    A Guide to Barcelona Zoo – Information on the Animals, Facilities, Services and Shows
    http://www.barcelona-tourist-guide.com/en/attractions/barcelona-zoo.html
    The Essential Salou Tourist Information Guide
    http://www.salou-tourist-guide.com/
  • mich_city
    mich_city Posts: 13,830 Forumite
    Options
    go with the plana bus tours for sure.. miles cheaper than doing it via holiday reps!.. would be the handiest way with children too I think..
  • DCFC79
    DCFC79 Posts: 40,598 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    We visited the camp nou and it never cost that much, not sure how we paid but i dont think we would have paid that much, maybe we paid to get in there, i dont think it wasnt a tour as such as we were left to our own free will so you had a look at the ground from the seats, looked round the museum and the shop.
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    The trains are very reasonable to get from the cente of Salou to Barcelona, 12-14 Euros approx return. Sorry cant help with the zoo and stadium but there were lots of tourist busses there
  • Dieselberry
    Dieselberry Posts: 74 Forumite
    Options
    Hi

We went 2 weeks ago on the Plana Bus, it was 30 euro per adult and 22 euro for a child.

You get picked up in Salou about 14.00 lots of picks up along the way from Cambrils to La Pineda.

We got to Nou Camp at 16.30 and had 2 hours there, you are then taken to the centre of Barcelona and you only have about 1.5 hours there when the bus collects you at 20.30 and takes you to the fountains which start at 21.00 and finish at 22.30. You then return straight back, we got back to Salou about 12.15.

There are various options of tours ie Nou Camp and shopping (so no fountains) but longer in Barcelona centre.

Hope this helps.
  • Dieselberry
    Dieselberry Posts: 74 Forumite
    Options
    Sorry also meant to say that the entry to Nou Camp alone is 19 euros, so we thought that the Plana Bus was the best option. To be honest the Nou Camp is quite a way outside Barcelona centre and I think you might struggle to get around all in one day without an organised tour.
  • s_b
    s_b Posts: 4,463 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    seen this post and done a google
    proper train line from Salou to Barcelona i see and always very reasonable,they can also do a cheap family day ticket and ive never had a problem with language, maybe write down Barcelona and family and return with a bit of sign language always helps
    you could walk to the zoo in 4 minutes from the train station
    you could catch the metro underground train to the stadium collblanc looks very near
    this way you are in charge of your destiny:) as you asked
    and all im sure much cheaper plus it allows you to walk up las ramblas to connect with the metro at the top:)
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure