Anyone heard of Regency Country Club in Tenerife?

Options
Hi All,

My 2nd post on this site today! I had a call from a lady from the club who got my details from a competition that I entered on this forum. I didn't win unfortunately, but they have an offer on in the 6* club from Friday to Friday for £249.00.....which is for one week to be taken anytime in the next 18 months....

Has anyone stayed with them....have checked out the website but I'm not sure....

What do you think?

Comments

• sloppychops
    sloppychops Posts: 6,742 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Definetly sounds like timeshare.
    "Life is not measured by the breaths we take, but by the moments that take our breath away."
  • sloppychops
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Found the Regency Resorts on Crimeshare.

http://www.crimeshare.net/list.html#R

Its 5 stars not 6.
    "Life is not measured by the breaths we take, but by the moments that take our breath away."
  • Motherof1
    Motherof1 Posts: 185 Forumite
    Options
    The lady on the phone told me at was 6*. She has called me twice already....I always thought Dubai was the only 6* place but apparently this resort is quite new and thats the rating.....

Is Regency Resorts the same as Regency Country Club?
  • fudgem
    fudgem Posts: 534 Forumite
    Options
    There's lots about it on the net if you google for Regency Country Club

It is definitely a timeshare so you will probably be expected to attend a presentation which could take half a day, but the timeshare properties are usually very upmarket and well presented. Just keep saying no to buying one
  • sloppychops
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Motherof1 wrote:
    The lady on the phone told me at was 6*. She has called me twice already....I always thought Dubai was the only 6* place but apparently this resort is quite new and thats the rating.....

Is Regency Resorts the same as Regency Country Club?

Im not certain if its part of the same company but looks like it could be and its definetly only classed as a 5 star.
  • coolcol_2
    Options
    We stopped at the Regency a few years ago before it was completely finished - I'm not 100% sure if it is finished yet. The resort, even unfinished was excellent - very luxurious. It was (is) timeshare and the people in charge have a dubious and chequered history - if they are the same. Despite all that, it is a wonderful place to stay and for the price well worth it, but only if you can say no to high pressure selling techniques.
  • Motherof1
    Motherof1 Posts: 185 Forumite
    Options
    I forgot to mention that the lady from Regency said that we would be required to have a walk around the complex on the day of arrival. When I asked her if there was timeshare involved she said no....she said that it was a 6*property available on a self catering basis for 1 week to be taken in the next 18 months. They want us to pay for this over the phone.

If anyone else knows anything about Regency Country Club please let know. If I knew anyone in Tenerife I would have asked them to have a look but I don't.

Should I part with the £249.00?
  • jasonrat
    jasonrat Posts: 482 Forumite
    Options
    They want us to pay for this over the phone.

i wouldn't pay anyone over the phone i didnt know
  • sloppychops
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    jasonrat wrote:
    i wouldn't pay anyone over the phone i didnt know
    Totally agree.
    No matter what she said to you about it not being timeshare she was blatently lying to you(alot do this to get you to go and part with your money)
    Also everywhere i have checked has said its 5 star not 6.
  • thepinkladez_2
    Options
    i have also jut received a similar call, i aked about it being a timeshare but he was adament it wasnt!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure