Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • MSE Martin
    • By MSE Martin 25th Aug 06, 11:30 AM
    • 8,111Posts
    • 42,248Thanks
    MSE Martin
    Cook the larder dry!
    • 25th Aug 06, 11:30 AM
    Cook the larder dry! 25th Aug 06 at 11:30 AM
    As all Old-Style MoneySavers will know, there's nothing worse than continually stocking up on food, leaving the old things to simply pile up and go past their use by date. So here's a couple of nifty sites to help
    • Cooking By Numbers: Here you enter what basic ingredients you've got left and it'll attempt to come up with a recipe for you to make a meal out of them.
    • BBC Recipes. While not built around the same concept, it can work in the same way as it allows you to search for recipes via ingredients.
    • Old-Style Recipe Index. Of course there's this sites own Old-Style recipe index, where regular OS Delia's and Jamies, have hundreds of recipes for great food on tiny budgets.
    If you know any more, easy beginner suggestion sites, please note them below.

Martin

What is MoneySaving Old-Style? For those who've not been in Old-Style before, this section of the Forum is slightly different. Rather than concentrating on system playing and beating the system, this is all about thrifty and nifty. Living a less cluttered, less consumerist, easier, cheaper, more ethical lifestyle. It's worth exploring some of the topics that the regular users and board guide volunteers have indexed.

Quick Note To Regular Old-Stylers: I know both these have been mentioned in OS many times before. Yet I thought it'd be nice to start one thread to bring them together to go in the weekly e-mail - especially for novice cooks (like me!)

Last edited by Former MSE Natasha; 29-08-2006 at 6:16 PM.
    Martin Lewis, Money Saving Expert.
    Please note, answers don't constitute financial advice, it is based on generalised journalistic research. Always ensure any decision is made with regards to your own individual circumstance.

Don't miss out on urgent MoneySaving, get my weekly e-mail at www.moneysavingexpert.com/tips.

Debt-Free Wannabee Official Nerd Club: (Honorary) Members number 000
Page 1
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

1,976Posts Today

7,255Users online

Martin's Twitter