BHS non existant customer service - what to do?

Options
moosetastic
moosetastic Posts: 1,195 Forumite
PPI Party Pooper
edited 30 November 2009 at 1:55PM in Praise, vent & warnings
Hi everyone, hope someone can help,

I ordered 2 gift sets worth £15 from the BHS website on 18th November as they were half price. I had an email from them saying that the order had been placed and I would receive another email telling me when they were despatched. I have an invoice with a order number and everything. £15 has been debited on my paypal account and ive had a email confirming this, and the money has gone from my bank account.

I have looked on their website and there is no way on contacting them except a customer service phone number or by writing to them. I've tried the phone number constantly this morning, and every option is always busy and then they hang up!! I've logged into my account on the BHS website and it says no order placed??

I have no idea what to do and who to contact, has anyone else had any problems with them and have you got any advice for me please?

Many thanks in advance :o
You're so very special, I wish I was special :dance:

Comments

• moosetastic
    moosetastic Posts: 1,195 Forumite
    PPI Party Pooper
    Options
    well, after screaming at the phone for the hundreth time as it cut me off, ive taking further action. ive phoned my local store, there is nothing they can do, and the only number they have for the customer services is the one thats on their website. so its left me with no alternative but to raise a dispute through Paypal. Im hoping that ths way they will respond to me, and if they dont then ill just get my money back. So glad I did the transaction through paypal now.
    You're so very special, I wish I was special :dance:

• katrinalg
    katrinalg Posts: 11 Forumite
    Options
    I too have had the unfortunate need to try and contact BHS customer services,first phone call 25 minutes most of that on hold second for over 10 minutes and the third I gave up,
    Just had an email telling me that they are going to give me a refund for the item but not the postage as the item was never delivered I think this is a bit of a cheek but I to paid by paypal so have raise a dispute with them
  • Jeff_Bridges_hair
    Options
    So have you tried emailing them yet then if your having no luck with the telephone?
    "If you no longer go for a gap, you are no longer a racing driver" - Ayrton Senna
  • aheaton46
    aheaton46 Posts: 377 Forumite
    Options
    katrinalg wrote: »
    I too have had the unfortunate need to try and contact BHS customer services,first phone call 25 minutes most of that on hold second for over 10 minutes and the third I gave up,
    Just had an email telling me that they are going to give me a refund for the item but not the postage as the item was never delivered I think this is a bit of a cheek but I to paid by paypal so have raise a dispute with them

You may have been better off emailing them to say you wished to cancel under the Distance Selling Regulations. You probably still can.
  • eddystaffs
    Options
    We purchased some trousers two weeks ago from BHS Wolverhampton and when we got home they were too tight around the leg. A larger size would have made them too big around the waste. The following week we returned to the Wolverhampton store with the receipt but was told we could not have a refund as we had not returned all the other labelling ( size and colour labels). The assistant was adamant that this was the BHS policy. I checked on the BHS web site and there was no mention of this in their returns policy. Telephoning was a no go area and apart from one automated response email all other emails failed to attract a response.
  • againstjpc
    Options
    You need to print off their returns policy from THEIR website and take it back with the receipt and demand your money back.

They don't really have a leg to stand on (pardon the pun) as it isn't in their returns policy on either the receipt or their website. :money:
    I've been behind people who have just stood there and held the queue up, when they're right and the assistant is wrong, and in the end a manager came over and gave the lady her money back - could be an idea to try that if all else fails! :j

Let us know how you go!

Best of luck!:D
  • debs71_2
    Options
    I have had the displeasure of dealing with the so called customer service dept. of BHS and they are unmitigated crap!

I ordered a pair of boots from their website 7 days ago. Once I had placed and paid for the order, contrary to their claim that 'you receive a confirmation email' I actually received nothing. No acknowledgement whatsoever of the order or more worryingly, my cc payment.

As I was collecting in store, I duly waited to be contacted by the store, and this morning, the call came to say my order was in. 'Ah ha', I thought 'now I should have received the email with my order number on'....but no....nothing. The website states that the email and a form of ID must be taken when collecting.

So I attempted to email customer services via the website. Both drop down boxes on the site held no subjects pertaining to my query, and both must be filled in or no email can be sent, hence, I could not email!!!!!

So I try calling instead. Apparently, I was number 5 in the queue. My estimated waiting time was '1 minute'......yeh right. 15 mins later I am still listening to the brain numbing muzak blasting my ear drum out, and a monotone woman telling me my call is important to them.

BULL.

So basically, I have no way of contacting them regarding this matter, so my only option is to collect without the email and hope my ID is good enough.

I will never be ordering from BHS again. Frankly they take the money and run.

BEWARE ANYONE ELSE CONTEMPLATING USING THEIR SERVICES.:mad:
  • BHSnightmare
    Options
    Do not order anything from BHS click and collect. They did not have my expensive stuff...their fault. They said they would refund ...I have e mailed them 10 times and asked and asked for my money and they just ignore me... I am horrified and will never and urge anyone else never to order from BHS,. They do not respect consumer rights , service non existent..how do they stay in business??:mad:
  • VocuherQueen
    Options
    Has anyone else had a problem with BHS furniture? We ordered a suite. Looked lovely until we sat on the settee. There isn't enough stuffing in the cushions and you end up leaning to one side and get a backache. Phoned customer services straight away. Technician came out and agreed with me but then sent a report stating nothing wrong with it. Took the cushion into the branch so that we could compare with the furniture on display. 3 assistants agreed with us with the fault. One phoned customer services and asked them to send two new cushions. They won't. I asked them to send another technician - they won't. I'm now going to get an independent technician to come out. I'm not asking for a new suite or a refund. I bought this in good faith and there is something wrong with it. Anyone else had this problem or a similar problem?
  • cowoline
    Options
    Well I have just purchased a pair of blue linen trousers from BHS, taking them out to press I discovered the hems on both trousers were filthy dirty and looked like they had been worn. I am disgusted. I have emailed them 4 times, tried to complain on their page to no avail, I urge anyone going to buy from them NOT too.
    Disgusted
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.4K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport