BMI Baby complaints

Options
I wanted to pop some advice down in lieu of the many complaints I've read regarding bmi baby and their customer service (the other smaller, low cost companies are equally as bad), and getting things sorted quickly.

Two months ago I flew to Amsterdam with bmibaby. On the return home, their website had technical problems so I was unable to check-in before arriving at the airport. I spoke to one of their staff who explained the problems with the site; she told me I would still have to pay the charge as I hadn't checked in (bizarrely) but I would be refunded by writing to them once back in the UK. It has taken two months to get the £22.80 back (a small amount you'll agree and money I am welcome to), after three letters (all registered post) and various threats of action. The reason why I got the refund I'm sure is that in my third and final letter (before I was going to use Her Majesty's Online Claim site) I cc-ed my local MP in to the discussion and the OFT. My MP wrote to the Chief Exec of bmi baby, and lo and behold, a week later the cheque arrives.

So, I wanted to impress upon people with complaints, feel free to get your MP involved - it works!

Comments

• granmadunn
    Options
    At the end of May 2010 we were due to fly to Palma.

We were on the plane, which was due to take off, the captain announced the flight was cancelled.

Our Insurance Company will only pay out if BMI-baby confirm the cancellation.

I have sent 2 letters but cannot get a reply.

Any suggestions would be gratefully received
  • cjdean
    cjdean Posts: 17 Forumite
    Options
    Would you be so kind as to share the e-mail address at BMI that you used to contact them? I wish to complain that their system refused to take my payment when ordering my flights and after three attempts I accepted the call back from their foreign call centre. Not only were the flights a few pence more but the individual refused to take mine and my partners middle names for the flight. After checking post the call, if details do not match the passport exactly, you will be charged around £40 per person to amend. I refuse to call a peak rate number nor pay for the neglegence of the individual who refused to take details correctly.

I thought Ryan air were the worst airline in the world, but now BMI are number one on my AVOID list!
  • Caz3121
    Caz3121 Posts: 15,546 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Do not worry about middle names - flights ask for forename and surname, these are what need to match the forename and surname on the passport. Most systems cannot cope with middle names - I am a frequent flyer and have never used my middle name for a flight. As long as your forename and surname match the passport that is fine
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure