Satellite Direct is in Liquidation.

Options
I was a satisfied customer of Satellite Direct, as they repaired one digi box and supplied a new one earlier this year.
Last month I changed bank accounts, so when I got a call from them last night to say that they could not take the payment, and could I give them new details, it seemed reasonable, especially as they were able to give me the first 4 and last 4 digits of my old debit card.
This morning I had exactly the same call from "Something Corporation". He gave me this number to call, which is SatCover. 01243 200150.
I have now found that Satellite Direct went into Liquidation on July 8th, and the Liquidator is Chantrey Vellacott. They have confirmed that Satellite Direct is no longer trading, and anyone saying they are from that company is lying.
If they ask for your bank details it is fraud, and you should inform your bank and they should refund you.
I have asked Chantrey Vellacott to post on this Forum to alert everyone, and they have promised to do so.

Comments

• CVDFK
    Options

Satellite Direct UK Limited is no longer trading and any company that purports to represent Satellite Direct is doing so without permission from the liquidators. Related Companies of Satellite Direct have indicated that they are seeking to maintain a continuity of service to existing customers of Satellite Direct. However, this continuity of service would be a new agreement and not a continuation of your existing contract. As Liquidator, I cannot advice whether to enter this new agreement and I suggest that your own enquiries are made before handing over bank and debit/credit card details. Satellite Direct has not been transferred to another business and it has not merged with another Company.

If you have been contacted by a Company that purports to represent Satellite Direct please get in contact on the email address provided:

[EMAIL="satellitedirect@cvdfk.com"]satellitedirect@cvdfk.com[/EMAIL]
  • emilyj
    Options
    Thank you CVDFK! This is really clear.

Yesterday I had yet another call, this time from SatCover. The girl said "we forgot to take down the issue number on your card". I said -I don't have a contract with SatCover. She said - we've taken over from Satelllite Direct, I've got your contract number here.

I asked to speak to a Supervisor, and he said the same. I said that I had no contract with Satcover and he went on and on about how they have taken over.

So I'm really grateful for CVDFK making the situation crystal clear, and I hope anyone pestered by these people will tell CVDFK.

So far, the payment I agreed to make to what I was told was Satellite Direct has not gone through my bank. I'll see what happens in the next day or two.
  • emilyj
    Options
    Another call this morning.

This time from HomeGuard Direct.

He said that they were sub-contractors to Satellite Direct, and by dealing with them I can pay less.

He did say it would be a new contract with them, and when I pushed, said that they are definitely no part of the Satellite Direct Group.

But I do not see how he would have my details unless they are part of the group.

Searching online, it seems they were only set up at the end of last year, and I found several complaints about them since that date.
  • will-in-estoril
    Options
    Pay only for satellite repairs when you need them!

Use established companies such as Digifix or Speake Electronic Repair Services for digibox repairs.
    RIP independent MSE.
    Died 1st June 2012
  • meadow104
    Options
    i also had a phone call from SOMETHING CORPARATION WHO WANTED ME TO CONFIRM THAT I HAD A REFUND OF MONEY PAID TO ME FROM SATELLITE DIRECT TAKING 10 TIMES THE D/D PAYMENTS,my dealings with s/direct was handled through trading standards,so anything to do with it was to go through them,so i confirmed nothing...next thing i know..hey presto..i have a new contract to theser people,plus i have a new d/d set up to my bank account,they are do do with sat cover..satelitte direct..play.com all these people dont touch with a barge pole..back to trading standards.....
  • lil_lol8
    Options
    Thanks god i found this
    Just had a phone call from "Some Compnay" to say that Satellite Direct Uk had gone in to liquidation 3 weeks ago and they had taken them over and they needed to comfirm the details, they even went as far to say they had all our details there and that £X.XX came out our account ect ect....
    But as its in my Husbands name i said it would be best to ring later when he gets in.
    Then i thought i'd go find a letter with satellite Directs number on it, just rang it and it says its been de-acctivated, also just tried the website and won't even load.

Have e-mailed to the person up there ^

I just won't answer the phone later and get my husband to cancel the direct debit.

Anymore info would be much appreacated though
  • CLC_2
    CLC_2 Posts: 5 Forumite
    Options
    I've just had £40 taken from my credit card with the narrative "01243200150 SOMETHING". When you try calling the number you get a message telling you their opening hours (as if they're closed, but I was calling within opening hours) and it then cuts you off.
    I've called my credit card company to tell them I didn't authorise the transaction. I had made payments to them in the past, but let the cover lapse and wouldn't give them my new card details - but it looks like they've just used the old card number and the transaction's gone through. I've sent an e-mail to the liquidator as well, asking if they can help.
    Not good.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport