Secret Flag Trader

Options
Hi,

A couple of weeks back I subscribed to Money Week magazine. This weeks mag came with a supplement ‘offering’ a course and software system called Secret Flag Trader. Being the cynic that I am I usually throw thing like this straight into the bin but after putting the usual searches through google I can’t find anything negative (or positive). What do we think?

It’s produced/presented by a man called Guy Cohen who states . . .

“Famous Market Maverick Unleashes a ‘Child’s-Play’ Trading System so Simple a 12 Year Old Could Follow it. So Quick, You Could do it in 20 Minutes a Day... and so Profitable You Could Pull in a Recession-Proof £7,000 a Month From Home!”

“Flag Trader from Guy Cohen is a course and specially designed piece of software that helps you find and trade stocks using flag patterns. It comes with 8 DVDs teaching you how to spot and make these trades.

Flag Trader is simple to use. Once you've gone through the educational CDs, all you need to do is use Guy's online scanner to pick out the promising trades. There's a clever filter to help you tweak your short list even further. Since August I've seen some great flag pattern breakouts and with the online software, spotting the moves has been very easy.”

£997 (£1,171.48 incl VAT) Refunds: 30 day refund period

Comments

• cloud_dog
    cloud_dog Posts: 6,045 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    If its that good why wouldn't the guy just use it in the markets and make lots of money ;)
    Personal Responsibility - Sad but True :D

Sometimes.... I am like a dog with a bone
  • balaclava
    Options
    cloud_dog wrote: »
    If its that good why wouldn't the guy just use it in the markets and make lots of money ;)

My sentiments entirely but that also applies to anyone delivering any course or training in this area. I was playing golf with a chap over the weekend who was telling me that his son is going on two day course at a cost of £2,000. So why isn’t the person delivering that course doing what he/she teaches and making a fortune?
  • cos69
    cos69 Posts: 413 Forumite
    Options
    balaclava wrote: »
    .... . and so Profitable You Could Pull in a Recession-Proof £7,000 a Month From Home!” ....

.... and presumably loose £7,000 a month as well :confused:
    "How could I have been so mistaken as to trust the experts" - John F Kennedy 1962
  • vaporate
    vaporate Posts: 1,955 Forumite
    Options
    If its too good to be true, it is.

I would avoid it like the plague.
    Hi, we’ve had to remove your signature. If you’re not sure why please read the forum rules or email the forum team if you’re still unsure - MSE ForumTeam
  • balaclava
    Options
    vaporate wrote: »
    If its too good to be true, it is.

I would avoid it like the plague.

Too good to be true - again, my sentiments exactly but I’ve just gone through all that with O2 broadband. I am currently paying £15 a month for up to 8mb and they offer up to 20mb for £9.69 a month with the first 3 months free and £75 cash back. Too good to be true, indeed but so far everything seems to be in place with a note on my account saying I’ll get the cash-back in November!
  • mr_fishbulb
    Options
    My sentiments entirely but that also applies to anyone delivering any course or training in this area. I was playing golf with a chap over the weekend who was telling me that his son is going on two day course at a cost of £2,000. So why isn’t the person delivering that course doing what he/she teaches and making a fortune?
    Charging £2,000 for a 2 day course, it sounds like they already make a fortune! :)
  • vaporate
    vaporate Posts: 1,955 Forumite
    Options
    £2000 for a 2 day course...

I should try this form of money making career lol.
    Hi, we’ve had to remove your signature. If you’re not sure why please read the forum rules or email the forum team if you’re still unsure - MSE ForumTeam
  • freddysmith
    Options
    Its your money, you spend it as you wish. If you have a bad experience with this software system then thats your £1000 + hard earned money down the drain, and a lesson learned. Just think of the people who are getting your money, thank you very much.
  • Biggles
    Biggles Posts: 8,209 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Er, so you agree that the only money is to be made is by selling this useless carp and not by actually using the systems?

So: what's your point?
    ;-)
  • sabretoothtigger
    Options
    Here is a better link maybe since they'll give you some free trading videos and then just charge you for the daily trading signals.

http://!!!!!!/1Q7HNa

They flagged up silver previously for example though it took a couple months to rise alot after that
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.4K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.2K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure