just got a kitchen priced at both howdens and magnet supply only

magnet trade roughly £600-700 cheaper...similar style

is there much difference between both?

cheers

Comments

• mikey72
    mikey72 Posts: 14,680 Forumite
    Options
    I've fitted Magent trade, and while they are good, they are not top of the range. Can't comment on Howdens.
  • mcowan77
    mcowan77 Posts: 123 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    cheers

not looking for top of the range, middle of the range will do!!!
  • Doozergirl
    Doozergirl Posts: 33,850 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    What style kitchen are you having from each and how much are they quoting you?
    Everything that is supposed to be in heaven is already here on earth.
  • North_Porkshire
    Options
    In my experience the quality is pretty similar. But when you come to sell your house, you're better off telling buyers that you have a Magnet kitchen, rather than "Who are Howdens?". And it's cheaper!
  • gabyjane
    gabyjane Posts: 3,541 Forumite
    Options
    We have Howdens in our new build, its lovely and very sturdy!
  • charley83
    charley83 Posts: 58 Forumite
    Options
    A little bird once told me Howden's supply Magnet :rolleyes:
  • cattie
    cattie Posts: 8,841 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    I've had both Magnet & Howdens. Magnet in my last house, Howdens in this house & if doing a kitchen again would choose Magnet over Howdens. My experience with my 1yr old kitchen has led me to believe that Magnet units are superior to Howdens.

I don't know what little bird told charley that Howden's supply Magnet, but it was a bird that told huge porkies. :rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:

The Magnet name can help with selling a house with a decent current kitchen from their range, as I can testify.
    The bigger the bargain, the better I feel.

I should mention that there's only one of me, don't confuse me with others of the same name.
  • London_Kitchen_Fitter
    London_Kitchen_Fitter Posts: 1 Newbie
    edited 10 July 2010 at 12:35AM
    Options
    mcowan77 wrote: »
    folks

just got a kitchen priced at both howdens and magnet supply only

magnet trade roughly £600-700 cheaper...similar style

is there much difference between both?

cheers

There is no much difference in the kitchen but from my experience there is big difference with sales people aproach .

Magnet people are a little bit like real estate agents, they will tell you whatever you need to hear to buy the kitchen, and then they take money and lose interest.

Whereas in Howdens they seam to be more focused on getting job done properly and then think about money.

If you mention to them that they are quoting against Magnet then you probably get better quote.

I regularly help my clients to get up to 65% discount this way.

Also it is important that Howdens keeps 99% of stuff in local magazines so you can have your kitchen delivered within 2 days.

Magnet was also difficult with holding deposit when my client decided to withdraw from the deal after getting better offer form Howdens even though before that they told him it would not be a problem.

I hope it was helpful.
  • Meepster
    Meepster Posts: 5,955 Forumite
    Options
    There is no much difference in the kitchen but from my experience there is big difference with sales people aproach .

Magnet people are a little bit like real estate agents, they will tell you whatever you need to hear to buy the kitchen, and then they take money and lose interest.

Whereas in Howdens they seam to be more focused on getting job done properly and then think about money.

If you mention to them that they are quoting against Magnet then you probably get better quote.

I regularly help my clients to get up to 65% discount this way.

Also it is important that Howdens keeps 99% of stuff in local magazines so you can have your kitchen delivered within 2 days.

Magnet was also difficult with holding deposit when my client decided to withdraw from the deal after getting better offer form Howdens even though before that they told him it would not be a problem.

I hope it was helpful.

I'm actually NOT going to lower myself to post anything negative about what you said. I will simple say this: Worked for Howdens long have you?
    If it looks like a duck, and quacks like a duck, we have at least to consider the possibility that we have a small aquatic bird of the family anatidae on our hands

• amanda47
    amanda47 Posts: 240 Forumite
    Options
    I have been to every kitchen place I could fined in my area, and have gone with Magnets over Howdens, why because the Howdens guy told me such B........s.... he really got on my nerves he would be good at selling second hand cars. Magnet guy was really nice and there was no pressure and I like my new Kitchen.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.7K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.3K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure