Air France 447

Why do things like this always happen on a week when I am due to fly, now I am abosolutly S*****g myself as Im due to fly to America this weekend not with Air France but still, Im a nervous flyer as it is *Sigh* and Im sure you will all join me when I say what a tradegy this is and all our thoughts are with the friends of family of people who have lost anyone.

Comments

• Teahfc
    Teahfc Posts: 1,465 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Why do things like this always happen on a week when I am due to fly, now I am absolutely S*****g myself as I'm due to fly to America this weekend not with Air France but still, I'm a nervous flyer as it is *Sigh* and I'm sure you will all join me when I say what a tragedy this is and all our thoughts are with the friends of family of people who have lost anyone.

There are over 50,000 flights per DAY in the commercial airline business.
    350,000 per week,1.4million per month ... odds of a plane having a problem are many many times more than you winning the lottery jackpot !
    If you have done that latter then please leave me your lottery ticket before you go .... Have a great flight and enjoy your holiday I will swap you for what I have planned over the next few weeks !:rotfl:
    "Man invented language to satisfy his deep need to complain."

''Money can't buy you happiness but it does bring you a more pleasant form of misery.''
  • nw_man
    nw_man Posts: 739 Forumite
    Why do things like this always happen on a week when I am due to fly, now I am abosolutly S*****g myself as Im due to fly to America this weekend not with Air France but still, Im a nervous flyer as it is *Sigh* and Im sure you will all join me when I say what a tradegy this is and all our thoughts are with the friends of family of people who have lost anyone.

Look at it this way : a plane comes down very, very rarely, in fact they are saying this is the worst aviation disaster in a decade.

What are the chances of it happening again next week ?

Nil. Or pretty near as it can be to nil.
  • lorweld
    lorweld Posts: 5,546 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    MOVING THREADS FOR BETTER RESPONSES

Hi, Martin’s asked me to post this in these circumstances: I’ve asked Board Guides to move threads if they’ll receive a better response elsewhere (please see this rule) so this post/thread has been moved to another board, where it should get more replies. If you have any questions about this policy please email [EMAIL="abuse@moneysavingexpert.com"]abuse@moneysavingexpert.com[/EMAIL]
    :hello:
  • M4RKM
    M4RKM Posts: 5,132 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Air Travel is still the safest way to travel.

1.4million flights per month, so that 168 million in the past 10 years, there or there abouts, and this is the worst in that length of time..

so that's a 1 in 168 million chance it'll happen again.

seriously, don't worry..
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport