Ryan Air Online check in

Options
Ok It's 2 weeks before I fly out of gatwick.

I have gone online and printed my outward travel boarding passes.

Although the return flights are mentioned, there is no facility to print boarding passes for the return flights (although they are in 3 weeks time)

Do I need to wait until 15 days before the return flight before being able to print the return boarding passes?

If this is so, what would happen if someone were to go away for 15 days? How would they print their passes for the return flight?

Second question, has anyone flown Ryanair from Gatwick? They are meant to have a drop of point for checked in bags. I read in another thread that heathrow doesn't yet have this sorted and you are still required to queue up at the normal desk.

Does the same go for Gatwick?

Cheers
Mortgage and totally Debt Free as of December 2008.

boy does it feel good!
Thanks MSE for all the tips and advice

Comments

• richardw
    richardw Posts: 19,458 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    FatDickie wrote: »
    Do I need to wait until 15 days before the return flight before being able to print the return boarding passes?

If this is so, what would happen if someone were to go away for 15 days? How would they print their passes for the return flight?

Second question, has anyone flown Ryanair from Gatwick? They are meant to have a drop of point for checked in bags.

Yes, wait 15 days, get the hotel to print em off for you or go to the internet cafe when you are away.

Ryanair bag drop points are check in desks, with queues, without issuing boarding cards, and highly unlikely to be fast, so get there early.
    Posts are not advice and must not be relied upon.
  • FatDickie
    FatDickie Posts: 74 Forumite
    Options
    Thanks for that richardw

I'll be able to print the return ones off next week then.

Cheers
    Mortgage and totally Debt Free as of December 2008.

boy does it feel good!
    Thanks MSE for all the tips and advice
  • cosyc
    cosyc Posts: 336 Forumite
    Options
    I'm glad I read this as I presumed (quite wrongly) I would only be online checking in when leaving uk. I bet they get a lot of people with that one and extra charges for them of course.
  • PolishBigSpender
    PolishBigSpender Posts: 3,771 Forumite
    Options
    cosyc wrote: »
    I'm glad I read this as I presumed (quite wrongly) I would only be online checking in when leaving uk. I bet they get a lot of people with that one and extra charges for them of course.

That's your fault for presuming that Ryanair does return flights.

They state quite clearly that their flights are to be considered solely as 'point-to-point' and not as anything else.
    fatdickie wrote:

Anyone incapable of finding a facility in which to print their passes can do so at the airport for the small fee of 40 pounds each.
    From Poland...with love.

They are (they're)
    sitting on the floor.
    Their
    books are lying on the floor.
    The books are sitting just there on the floor.
  • whiskymincher
    whiskymincher Posts: 193 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Just got back from a trip to Spain yesterday. Booked Ryan Air flights in February and paid for airport check-in for both outward and return flights Newcastle to Gerona. Stood at Newcastle and checked in as normal and was issued boarding cards (check in queues were horrendous, lots of people charged for being over 15 kgs). In queue first at Gerona, was told to go and print boarding cards off at self-service machine in airport, no desk issuing of boarding cards available. Luckily allowed back to front of queue once printed. Just a word of warning that airports abroad seem to have imposed straight away even though I had booked flights before May 20th.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure