Cannot Access Halifax Online Banking

Options
I have been unable to use Halifax Online banking for the past five days. Halifax say they are aware of the problem but cannot give any timescale when the problem will be fixed.

They say they have been inunndated with calls on this issue, with many customers unable to access their accounts. In total, I have eight accounts with them.

But, even more concerning is the fact that they keep issuing me with passwords over the phone - meaning that a bank employee knows my password! I then try to rest the password but their system will not let me!

Comments

• newfoundglory
    Options
    Its all working fine for me. All my 5 accounts show up with no probs. So it cant be causing a problem for all customers...?
  • cadboll
    cadboll Posts: 117 Forumite
    Options
    Hi! Just logged into my Halifax on-line accounts with no problems at all. Have you tried deleting your temporary internet folders incase its a problem with your PC?
  • Paul_Varjak
    Paul_Varjak Posts: 4,627 Forumite
    Photogenic First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Halifax updated their computer system over the weekend, which has caused the access problem. Halifax fully acknowledge that the problem lies with themselves and not my computer.

Numerous other customers have similar problems and the problem I have was identified by other customers before I experienced difficulties.

I have attempted to access the site from two different computers using two different IP providers and have cleared all my temporary caches, cookies etc.
  • Paul_Varjak
    Options
    Halifax can offer no resolution to this problem. At the moment they do not even know the cause and can still not give any timescale for resolution.

I was in Russia when the problem occured but they say this has nothing at all to do with the problem as UK-based customers have exactly the same problem.

Luckily, I had contingency plans which meant that I get access to some money, otherwise it could have caused serious problems.

For several months last year I received phone calls from Halifax for someone else who owed them money. Despite repeated attempts telling them they had the wrong phone number, they continued to ring me on a weekly basis for about 4 months. The calls then became more frequent - occuring once each day and even twice a day! Desp[ite following the complaints procedure no resolution was reached until I bombarded their chief executive's department with phone calls!
  • mr_fishbulb
    mr_fishbulb Posts: 5,224 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    I logged in at lunchtime today to check my ISA with no problem.
  • regularsaver1
    Options
    I have just logged on - no problems.
  • regularsaver1
    Options
    ooo i just saw a news article on a site saying that there is a problem for people that have passwords over 16 characters? - does this ring a bell??

and is to do with an upgrade
  • Paul_Varjak
    Options
    Well, Halifax rang me to say they still have no fix for this problem and still do not know why it occurs, though they confirm the problems follow from an upgrade they made on Saturday - the day I was accessing my account in Russia. They confirm again it has affected many customers but would not supply numbers.

My password is less than 16 characters.
  • jonesMUFCforever
    Options
    I have just logged on now - no problems.
  • lindabea
    lindabea Posts: 1,477 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    I have not been able to access Halifax onlin banking for sevral months now. When I asked, I was informed that I need to check my browser encryption - apparently I need to increase it to 128 bit. But I am sure I have this set correctly as I am able to access other bank's online. However, my access problem is only on my home computer - I can access it from my work's computer. Please don't tell my boss!!
    Before doing something... do nothing
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport