Ryanair. Adding 'Checked Baggage' to 'Online Check-In'?

Seeing that after having pre booked '0 Checked Bags and Online Check-In', it is still possible before check in, to add 'Checked (hold) Baggage' and charges online, along with Airport Check-In-Fees.

Does anyone please have the experience or knowledge of doing this, to be able to tell me whether or not.

When a booking for 'Online Check-In' has been made.
And 'Checked Baggage' and 'Airport Check-In' along with the listed charges, are later added online to that booking.

Will my credit card be charged yet another "Payment Handling Fee" in addition to the listed baggage and check-in charges?
(Having been already charged £16 for having to use my credit or debit card to book flight before electron card received).

Or, as there does not appear to be any listing pre entered for this fee on 'Changes'. Hopefully not?
Hey O, Listen What I Say O. :wink:

Comments

• pompeyrich
    pompeyrich Posts: 3,135 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Not much help but I added priority boarding to an existing booking and was only charged the cost of that, no additional handling fees.
  • Hi, it is possible to change from online check in with no hold luggage, to using a check in desk and adding hold luggage.

This can be done online, I have done it several times, but I think any changes will apply to all passengers on any one booking. If this is correct, and you only want to add one or two bags to a booking of, say, 10 people, it may work out cheaper to just do it at the airport on departure.

My credit card has never been charged again when adding or making changes via the ryanair website.

Hope that helps.
  • pompeyrich wrote: »
    Not much help but I added priority boarding to an existing booking and was only charged the cost of that, no additional handling fees.

Thanks.

It is of some help I hope.
    It is if any additional handling fees charged or not that am querying.

And if you didn't incur any extra handling fees, then hopefully the same should apply for adding checked baggage.
  • Hi, it is possible to change from online check in with no hold luggage, to using a check in desk and adding hold luggage.

This can be done online, I have done it several times, but I think any changes will apply to all passengers on any one booking. If this is correct, and you only want to add one or two bags to a booking of, say, 10 people, it may work out cheaper to just do it at the airport on departure.

My credit card has never been charged again when adding or making changes via the ryanair website.

Hope that helps.

Hi. Thanks very much.

As just said in answer to prior post. It is if any additional handling fees charged or not that am querying.

So this answers my query. Thank You.

As it happens I am aware thanks, that if you change even to just one bag checked, you then have to go through desk check in, as also all other persons on the booking and have to pay the £4 P.P each way Airport Book-In fee in addition to baggage. But it was not clear if any addit. dd charges.

(I did find when making booking that when tried adding one checked in bag for wife to online check-in filled in. That I would have had to make two separate bookings! Which I shall keep in mind if the occasion arises again, we have always taken two checked in up until now).

However there are only two of us, and charges are a lot less than if arriving at the airport with non booked baggage, which doubles in price! As does Airport Check-In Fees . So even with 10 people I think the charges to turn up at the airport and pay would be somewhat exorbitant! :eek:
    (In fact £480 instead of £240 just for Checked-In baggage, return, if I am correct!!)

It is just that I do not want another swingeing £16 debit card handling charges added to that already paid, so at least that's good news!
    :D
  • hermione08
    hermione08 Posts: 83 Forumite
    Hi, does anyone know what the current policy is on adding luggage to an online check in booking, i want to add 4 bags which should have a total cost of 80.00 but there appears to be another 40.00 added, does anyone know what this is for or how to avoid it ? thanks
  • lorweld
    lorweld Posts: 5,546 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    MOVING THREADS FOR BETTER RESPONSES

Hi, Martin’s asked me to post this in these circumstances: I’ve asked Board Guides to move threads if they’ll receive a better response elsewhere(please see this rule) so this post/thread has been moved to another board, where it should get more replies. If you have any questions about this policy please email [EMAIL="abuse@moneysavingexpert.com"]abuse@moneysavingexpert.com[/EMAIL].
    :hello:
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport