free goody bag for children with type 1 diabetes and their siblings

Official MoneySavingExpert.com Insert:

The Insulin Dependent Diabetes Trust is giving away goodie bags to children with Diabetes and their brothers and sisters. The goodie bags include a pencil, ruler, pencil case, drinks bottle, squoshy pig (stress ball shaped as a pig), a bag for life and 2 fluffy 'bugs' (those little things you stick on your desk or computer monitor).

To get one send an email to [EMAIL="bev@iddtinternational.org"]bev@iddtinternational.org[/EMAIL].

Please only send off for this if your child does have diabetes, so that those genuinely in need don't miss out. The Trust has asked that you please include the name and age of your child with diabetes and when they were diagnosed, together with the names and ages of their siblings in your email.

Great spot Lorweld! Back to the original post...

The new member to the IDDT team wants to give you one of our free ‘Goodie Bags’
Here at IDDT we are very proud to introduce our new mascot. We are hoping our mascot will be able to educate and support children with and without diabetes all across the country.
There are many children in the UK that have Type 1 diabetes and this is through no fault of their own. They have to deal with multiple daily injections and blood tests in order to control their condition. Here at IDDT we feel these children and their brothers and sisters need a reward for coping so well with these difficult and life changing situations. All children with diabetes and their siblings are entitled to a free ‘Goodie Bag’.
We also want to acknowledge your children’s achievement by giving them certificate and we are opening a Hall of Fame on our website where you can nominate your child for their achievements eg their first injection, first blood test, dealing with their diagnosis or their first day at a new school. No matter how big or small the achievement, we want to hear about it and let your children know how proud we all are of them. We also don’t want to forget brothers and sisters as well. They also have a lot to deal with and they deserve a shout out as well.
The ‘Goodie Bags’ are supported with IDDT Parents Bulletins, produced every quarter to give parents tips and basic information about diabetes in childhood. IDDT hopes to make the whole family’s life a little easier.
Look out for details of our fantastic competition to name our new mascot!
For your free ‘Goodie Bag’ and membership contact
[EMAIL="bev@iddtinternational.org"] bev@iddtinternational.org[/EMAIL] Call 01604 622837, or write to IDDT, PO Box 294, Northampton NN1 4XS
http://www.iddtinternational.org/parentsandcarers/index.htm

Please don't abuse this :)

[threadbanner]box[/threadbanner]
:hello:

Comments

• What a lovely idea! Thankfully I cannot send for this!
    :beer:
    Infamy! Infamy! They've all got it in for me!
    :hello:
  • Pip26
    Pip26 Posts: 2,368 Forumite
    Brilliant post!!!
  • That's really good!!!
    I know its difficult to get samples for products that are specifically for diabetics, so please don't take advantage and get it if you don't need it.
  • stephmcuk
    stephmcuk Posts: 4,192 Forumite
    Photogenic First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    none of my kiddies are diabetic and i dont know any that are so am not gonn apply either so people who need it get it.
  • great find :) Thanks, ive nominated Alice (http://postpals.co.uk/pals/Alice+P) and her sister Milly
    Best wins in 2013 £200 and Mini iPad. 2014 no wins. 2015 2 nights 5* hotel with £300 vouchers plus £1150 Harrods gift card
    Rehome an unwanted prize or gift with a seriously ill child through Postpals.co.uk
  • kim_ley
    kim_ley Posts: 1,538 Forumite
    great find :) Thanks, ive nominated Alice (http://postpals.co.uk/pals/Alice+P) and her sister Milly

Great!!!
    Well done for finding this lorweld my kiddies thankfully dont have diabetes but hopefully will be nice for someone!
    I'm an MSE SLACKER!!!! Slap my bum.

Been a long time but i'm back.
    :o
  • katec_2
    katec_2 Posts: 641 Forumite
    thanks, have sent the link to my friend who has a diabetic son
    January - Nintendo Wii, 2 x Lush bath bombs :j
    Feb - Pink Floyd CD
  • Thank you.

My friend found out her son (only 4 years old) has type 1 diabetes after a viral infection a couple of months ago, he's coping so well with it all, as is his mum as she has to go to the school at lunchtimes to give him his injections. I shall pass the details of the link on to her and hopefully she'll get a goody back for her lil man and his brothers
  • thanks for this, my son has diabetes so will send off for this, thank you:A
  • :T:T Thank you so so much for this link lorweld! I don't have children with diabetes but i am type 1 diabetic myself, so i thought i would just check the website out anyway. I found some brilliant information regarding my insulin that could change my life! For a while now i have been feeling quite ill and other symptoms, but it turns out it could be the insulin that i'm on.If this is true, your link could have changed my life, as a type this im printing out the relevent info to take to my Dr. This is the best freebie ever!! :D:D :j:j
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure