Comments

• descartesmum
    Options
    Oh well I have type 2 but I am my parents' child. No? No.:confused:
  • wingobins
    wingobins Posts: 20,649 Forumite
    Photogenic First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    My neice and her 2 brothers have received their goody bags today so they will be really pleased when they come home from school and open them, thankyou so much for this link, this has got to be the best freebie ever to see a smile on their little faces!
    Big thanks to all who contribute to the forums. Be lucky everyone and be safe!
  • sunshineali
    Options
    My son is type 1 diabetic and recently diagnosed ADHD:eek:. He was diagnosed T1 when he was 6 and is now age 10. It is difficult keeping his blood sugar levels under control.
    However he will be chuffed to receive a goody bag for himself and his brother!
    I reckon that if people REALLY knew what it is like for kids with diabetes then they would maybe think twice before claiming a goody bag for their loved ones when they dont qualify. Please dont claim if you dont have a diabetic child. Thanks
  • ellionic
    ellionic Posts: 351 Forumite
    Options
    Thanks for this just asked for one for my son he has type1 and had it since he was 2 he is now 10. there is some great info on the site too
    Baby Due Date 30/01/ 2013 :D
    Sealed Pot Challenge 5 #219
    SPC4 - £207 :j
  • Clarence67
    Options
    :j ‘Goodie Bags’:j

There are many children in the UK that have Type 1 diabetes and through no fault of their own they have to deal with multiple daily injections and blood tests in order to control their condition. Here at IDDT we felt these children and their siblings need a reward for coping so well with these difficult and life changing situations. All children with diabetes and their siblings are entitled to a free ‘Goodie Bag’. We also don’t want to forget brothers and sisters as well. They also have a lot to deal with and they deserve a shout out as well.These ‘Goodie Bags’ are supported with IDDT Parents Bulletins, produced every quarter to give parents tips and basic information about diabetes in childhood. IDDT hopes to make the whole families life a little easier.

For your free ‘Goodie Bag’ and membership contact
    E mail [EMAIL="bev@iddtinternational.org"]bev@iddtinternational.org[/EMAIL] Tel 01604 622837 Address IDDT. PO Box 294 Northampton NN1 4RY
  • joyceanne
    Options
    Thanks for the link. I don't know if they'll send the goodie bags to Ireland but I offered to pay postage as it would be great if my kids could get them. One of my twin sons, age 6, has diabetes for the last 2 years and is going through a tough time right now as he doesn't like being different. The site itself is great, lots of information for parents. Thanks a million.:T
  • StephLaceDan
    Options
    Thank you for this link. I've just applied for one for my 7 year old daughter who's type 1 and her 5 year old brother.

Nice thought that someone is willing to 'treat' my little angels :):j
  • Idislikemybank
    Options
    Thankyou for this lorweld and iddt too. My nephew has type 1 and to make matters worse coeliac disease too. Its really hard for him and my sister too manage, this is a really nice idea they will be chuffed Im sure my niece will too whos just had chicken pox. Ive sent them the link.
  • mirrormirror
    Options
    i have two children out of 4 with type 1 diabetes, so this will be great if they have any left!! Thanks
  • debbie26pet
    Options
    i sent for one , and im still waiting it for it to come ordered it bk in nov when this post was first started, daughter she is 5yrs
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.3K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure