Can i make a complaint about my driving instructor?

Options
fraz_babe
fraz_babe Posts: 2,908 Forumite
Hi all. Looking for opinions if possible please.

I have been learning drive since august 2008. I have had 20 lessons so far which would of been 22 if he had not of messed things up. Two weeks ago i was meant to have a lesson, and i had on my card 2pm yet he says it was 1pm. He says he knocked on my house, i would not know i was not in- why could he not of called me?. So i lost 40 pounds. Then last week i had a driving lesson for 5pm, i was out again. So i got a taxi home at half 4 which cost me 14 pound from where i was. He had the cheek to ring up at 5pm to say he could not make it as he had been in hospital. And on a few lessons he will answer calls to people and make appointments for driving lessons.

For example last night. He was on the phone to someone for 10 minutes booking a driving lesson. And i at to wait for him to get off the phone so i could start up. And he knocked this off my time. Also he made me go through an area to drop the phone off. That was another 2 minutes i at to wait also !!!

I also ask if i can book lessons in advance, e.g 2/3 weeks. He also says " i will see" or "ill see what nicole is doing" i have block booked another 20 lessons with him. And i cannot make lessons until after 5:30pm now, and they are only one hour long which in my opinion are pointless i prefer two hours.

I really want to complain to his company. Do i have the right to or not? :confused: Thanks.

Oh also : on my appointment card it also says not to call between 8:30-8:30pm yet he answers calls when i am in a lesson? He has done this 4 times now. And its beyond a joke ! Thanks.
Proud mummy to 3 beautiful children who I love so so much :oxxxx

Baby girl due april 2016! cant wait to meet her. xxx

Comments

• markelock
    markelock Posts: 1,735 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    switch to someone else. I'd take one more lesson, if you still have the card that had the wrong time on. and don't pay it.

by 20 lessons I would have thought you should feel as though you are close to taking your test?
    Remember the time he ate my goldfish? And you lied and said I never had goldfish. Then why did I have the bowl Bart? Why did I have the bowl?
  • xxlaurissaxx
    Options
    I agree with the above, go with a comapny with a good reputation. Dont waste money on this person if they arent doing their job properly. xx
    0/2013
    :beer:
  • steveo3002
    steveo3002 Posts: 2,731 Forumite
    Options
    sounds terrible , sack him

cant you get dad /big brother to phone up and ask for some money back , if your booking was written on a card and he turned up at the wrong time its not your problem
  • Reggie_Rebel
    Options
    fraz_babe wrote: »
    And on a few lessons he will answer calls to people and make appointments for driving lessons.

For example last night. He was on the phone to someone for 10 minutes booking a driving lesson. And i at to wait for him to get off the phone so i could start up. And he knocked this off my time. Also he made me go through an area to drop the phone off. That was another 2 minutes i at to wait also !!!

Don't wait, start moving. he'll soon get off the 'phone then!
    It's taken me years of experience to get this cynical
  • fraz_babe
    Options
    I have had around 22 hours. And i still have not been on the motorway. I am going to call up tomorrow about it. Thanks for the replies. He does it constantly. I remember a few years ago when my mum was learning, and she used to not turn up for them (wrong i know) and he would knock on and also call her. Best of all, he teached my dad around 15 years ago. So you would of thought he knows what he can and cant do ! I cant believe he had the cheek to take around his 15 minutes of me sitting there doing nothin on my time of my lesson. Thanks you for the replies. It p***d me off to say the least !

• fraz_babe
    Options
    markelock wrote: »
    switch to someone else. I'd take one more lesson, if you still have the card that had the wrong time on. and don't pay it.

by 20 lessons I would have thought you should feel as though you are close to taking your test?

Sadly i at to because i blocked booked lessons :mad: that will teach me again ! x

• photome
    photome Posts: 16,363 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Bake Off Boss!
    Options
    I have had around 22 hours. And i still have not been on the motorway. I am going to call up tomorrow about it. Thanks for the replies. He does it constantly. I remember a few years ago when my mum was learning, and she used to not turn up for them (wrong i know) and he would knock on and also call her. Best of all, he teached my dad around 15 years ago. So you would of thought he knows what he can and cant do ! I cant believe he had the cheek to take around his 15 minutes of me sitting there doing nothin on my time of my lesson. Thanks you for the replies. It p***d me off to say the least !

I would change instructors. BUT you are not allowed on the motorway with L plates on!!!!!!!!
  • RegWorts
    RegWorts Posts: 7,700 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    One small comment......I didn`t think that Learners are allowed on Motorways

My kids had an extra lesson after passing their test to gain Motorway knowledge.

Back to your grievances, I would have changed Instructors well before now. He should be giving you his undivided attention for the time you are paying for.
  • anewman
    anewman Posts: 9,200 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    You are, however, allowed on national limit dual carriageways. Went on one which was joined via a slip road as part of my test, wasn't very fun, lol. I think you only get to be a half-decent driver once you've passed the test and done plenty of driving yourself.
  • robpw2
    robpw2 Posts: 14,044 Forumite
    Options
    you can complain about anyone you like i think you should be asking how do i ...

Slimming world start 28/01/2012 starting weight 21st 2.5lb current weight 17st 9-total loss 3st 7.5lb
    Slimmer of the month February , March ,April
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.4K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport