what the jiggery pokery are MBNA playing at sending me this letter....

Options
hi all not sure if anyone rememebers i had a odd call from MBNA a few weeks ago basically offering me an f&f for m debt with them. Basically they emailed me and confirmed a f&f payment of £976.00 for my debt of £2439.00, all good considering thats 40% without me doing anything! but today i have had the following rather odd letter....
img047.jpg

Comments

• thepinkladez_2
    Options
    sorry some reason wouldn't let me carry on writing after the image of letter!?
    anyway this letter seems odd for the following reasons:
    1. i have been in as i have been ill and they have not tried calling me!
    2. they are sending it to a dca even though they have agreed and been happy with my dmp with cccs?
    3. they seem to have reduced the f&f payment to £853.83, £127 ish less than the original f&f??
    4. the whole bit about accepting less than my minimum pauyment, well i havent been paying this since feb as on a dmp!?
    so what do i do call cccs and go through it with them? call mbna and ask them about letter? or just shut up and accept this as f&f and pay the £800ish instead of the £900ish but then it does say" i will consider writing this debt off" not they will?

HELP!!!!!i am so confused!

thanks pinky
  • thepinkladez_2
    Options
    sorry shamlessly bumping for the evening lot!
  • petrafyde
    petrafyde Posts: 354 Forumite
    Options
    First thought is to write back accepting the £800ish providing they agree to write it off - in writing, not consider!

You'd be best consulting cccs though I think, just to be sure.
    No chocolate, cosmetics or clothes to be bought before xmas day 14! ~ NPower eBay target £541.67
  • Deep_In_Debt
    Deep_In_Debt Posts: 8,579 Forumite
    Photogenic First Post First Anniversary Mortgage-free Glee!
    Options
    Don't send any money until you have in writing that this is in F&F and that neither they nor any associate or third party will chase you for the remainder and that your credit file is marked as "satisfied" and that you are released from any further liability.

Good luck.
    Debt 30k in 2008.:eek::o Cleared all my debt in 2013 and loving being debt free :)
    Mortgage free since 2014 :)
  • thepinkladez_2
    Options
    gggrrrrrr just rang mbna after speaking to ndl ( cccs were closed!)they said the letter sent out was infact a error!i asked the lady at mbna to confirm amount and its the original f&f amount of £900ish, so i asked her why i had been sent the one for £800ish an she just kept repeating it was a mistake! and i had to pay £900ish. Now do i have a leg to stand on in paying the £800 as have the letter above?
  • Deep_In_Debt
    Deep_In_Debt Posts: 8,579 Forumite
    Photogenic First Post First Anniversary Mortgage-free Glee!
    Options
    Perhaps this is my "naughty" side coming out but I'd be inclined to pay the amount they put in writing. It's their mistake and you have it in writing.
    Debt 30k in 2008.:eek::o Cleared all my debt in 2013 and loving being debt free :)
    Mortgage free since 2014 :)
  • thepinkladez_2
    Options
    well this is what my naughty side thought also but not quite sure where i stand on that as the letter is a little bit ropey to say the least!
  • learning_to_drive
    Options
    I would definitely make sure that your credit file shows satisified and nothing negative.
  • petrafyde
    petrafyde Posts: 354 Forumite
    Options
    If it were me, I'd play safe and make them send me another copy with confirmation that that is full and final settlement. Saying they will 'consider' settling it isn't good enough. It just looks too sketchy. Just my opinion, I'm sure you'll make the right decision :)
    No chocolate, cosmetics or clothes to be bought before xmas day 14! ~ NPower eBay target £541.67
  • thepinkladez_2
    Options
    well i think i will email them again tomorrow confirming the amount as per the letter! and then to clarify once again that this is a f&f not a partial or short, plus all the other blurb. not worth the £100 less if they dont mark it correctly on my file is it!?
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure