Poundland Bargain Thread -

Options

Comments

• waddy80
    waddy80 Posts: 1,157 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    What is the purpose of these boxes? What is it that are "posted"? Is this a new custom?

They are a nice to keep all your cards in one place on the present table. I had one at my wedding a few years ago and it was well recieved.
    Money, money, money, must be funny....in a rich mans world.

• waddy80
    waddy80 Posts: 1,157 Forumite
    Options
    At the weekend I found packs of 2 lipsyl. 2 different flavours, they are £1.05 each in boots.

Also got my little girl a set of fairy wings. She loves them.
    Money, money, money, must be funny....in a rich mans world.

• KrispiiDuck
    KrispiiDuck Posts: 1,121 Forumite
    Options
    What is the purpose of these boxes? What is it that are "posted"? Is this a new custom?

My daughter had one that looked a bit more like a postbox at her wedding reception - for the guests to "post" their cards. It keeps everything together. I hadn't seen one before.

Quite a nice idea!
  • VfM4meplse
    VfM4meplse Posts: 34,269 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    waddy80 wrote: »
    They are a nice to keep all your cards in one place on the present table. I had one at my wedding a few years ago and it was well recieved.
    I'd agree that this is a good idea, particularly if you've have already set up a home and have specified that no boxed gifts are required. Cash-laden cards are much better :D.
    Value-for-money-for-me-puhleeze!

"No man is worth, crawling on the earth"- adapted from Bob Crewe and Bob Gaudio

Hope is not a strategy :D...A child is for life, not just 18 years....Don't get me started on the NHS, because you won't win...I love chaz-ing!
  • cloey
    cloey Posts: 116 Forumite
    Options
    Hi Kerrymay, all stores are able to order anything that's available on the order screen,at the moment some of the cupcake boxes are unavailable though.In our store if someone wants something that has recently been available but we've run out we're quite happy to ring round the local stores and see if any of them have it,I'm surprised nobody offered to do this for you.As people have mentioned, the cupcake boxes will be on the party section, rather than with the Jubilee stuff.How many are you after?They come in boxes of 24 or 36 so if you were going to buy quite a few they could at least order some in for you and I think it's shocking that they didn't offer to do so :( x
    In other news, today we have the large bottles of Herbal Essences shampoo and conditioner (Breakage Defender, Seductively Straight and Uplifting Volume), these are excellent value coz I'm sure they cost almost £4 everywhere else I've seen them.We've also got Johnson's 24 hour Exfoliating Body Scrub with shea butter which smells lovely.Also on the Health and Beauty aisle are gel insole things for wearing with flipflops (they cushion the toepost) Hope this is all helpful.Have a lovely weekend everyone xx

I rarely post on here but i thought it was worth a mention, there was an email round stores because there had been complaints that the cupcake boxes where too small to hold cupcakes, so it was being investigated by head office. I havn't even seen them personally but I was dealing with it at the weekend, and we had none in stock. Hope you find them somewhere though xox
  • busybee100
    busybee100 Posts: 1,530 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    cloey wrote: »
    I rarely post on here but i thought it was worth a mention, there was an email round stores because there had been complaints that the cupcake boxes where too small to hold cupcakes, so it was being investigated by head office.

Thank you for posting. I did look twice at the depth when I picked up a pack of the individual cases. I presumed the butterfly fold over would add extra depth for the iced part. I'll ask Dil if it was a problem.
  • cloey
    cloey Posts: 116 Forumite
    Options
    busybee100 wrote: »
    Thank you for posting. I did look twice at the depth when I picked up a pack of the individual cases. I presumed the butterfly fold over would add extra depth for the iced part. I'll ask Dil if it was a problem.

It wasn't a confirmed recall or anything, there had just been a few customer complaints from other stores. There will be another lovely recall notice in the window next week if anything. If you do have a problem though, they'll be fine to take back as faulty :) xox
  • MrsShawToBe
    MrsShawToBe Posts: 594 Forumite
    Options
    In regards to the post box, the replies are correct :) Just somewhere to store the cards that we receive in a safe place, and easy to just carry to the room where me and H2B will get to spend some time to take a breather and open them :)
  • cheekylilbint86
    Options
    Thank-you cloey, I don't get to see the emails :) do you work at Poundland too then?I agree that the butterfly ones don't seem that big, the 6 packs of cases for individual cupcakes seem to be the right size though xx
    Feather boas have been unavailable for a while but I got some in today and we now have red as well as pink.We also have cupcake wrappers in now in pink and blue xx
  • MrsShawToBe
    MrsShawToBe Posts: 594 Forumite
    Options
    i'm going to have to take a trip to get some hen party stuff at the weekend as the weekend after is my hen night!
    xx
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure