MyHermes parcel theft

Options
I bought a shirt online, and was told the courier, MyHermes, would deliver it this afternoon. I was out at the time, and when I returned, an email informed me my parcel had been delivered to my address. No parcel was there, nor was there a card. The email even showed I had left a signature. Please avoid using MyHermes at all costs. I suspect the driver has stolen my item, and will probably sell it on eBay. This happens a lot in the logistics world, items of freight go 'missing' all the time. Two years ago I bought a guitar pedal online and it never arrived. Same problem, different courier. I now have the inconvenience and expense of buying another shirt. I am f@:*ing furious!

Comments

• Lorian
    Lorian Posts: 5,706 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Photogenic
    Options
    It still has a good chance of turning up tomorrow based on experience.
  • Pingu1
    Pingu1 Posts: 94 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    No, it clearly states the parcel has been delivered, signed by me with the worlds longest arm, as I was the shops at the time! I have used Resolver and will be seeking compensation.
  • ThinkingOfLinking
    Options
    Pingu1 wrote: »
    No, it clearly states the parcel has been delivered, signed by me with the worlds longest arm, as I was the shops at the time! I have used Resolver and will be seeking compensation.

Best of luck with that...I have 4 open cases against Herpes in Resolver...and have had no resolution or compensation.
  • missile
    missile Posts: 11,689 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    Your claim is with the seller not Hermes.
    "A nation's greatness is measured by how it treats its weakest members." ~ Mahatma Gandhi
    Ride hard or stay home :iloveyou:
  • kangoora
    kangoora Posts: 1,193 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    It could be still delivered tomorrow. I've had this as a seller where a buyer had the same problem as you.

It was delivered the same day as the query (day after due delivery date) without any input from me as I was in the process of chasing it up when the buyer informed me it had been delivered.

I never got an answer as to why the driver did this but could be for any number of reasons, bad weather, the driver running out of time on his rounds, family emergency? etc

if it doesn't turn up you could ask on the Ebay forum for what you can do. Unfortunately for you, the seller has a 'signature' for successful delivery in this instance so it is a difficult one to get compensation for.
  • Lorian
    Lorian Posts: 5,706 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Photogenic
    Options
    kangoora wrote: »
    the driver running out of time on his rounds

Indeed. busy time of year.
  • phoebe1989seb
    Options
    I agree it might still turn up......

Yesterday we had a delivery due (a Debenhams order coming via Hermes) and we had to be elsewhere. We returned home ten minutes after I'd received an email saying that the parcel had been left securely in our porch.

Of course there was no parcel in the porch or anywhere else about our property. We live rurally with only one near-ish resident neighbour who usually ignores us. His massive drive gates are usually locked and he tends not to respond to callers so we assumed the worst and I was on the verge of reporting it as missing to Debenhams.

This morning DH passed the neighbour in his car as DH was driving the opposite way along our lane. Said neighbour announced that the 'missing' parcel had been left in his porch, so in our case all was well after all.......
    Mortgage-free for fourteen years!

Over £40,000 mis-sold PPI reclaimed
  • couriervanman
    Options
    When Hermes drivers run out of time they have to sign all parcels not delivered off then add them to the following days deliveries
  • badmemory
    badmemory Posts: 7,794 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Recently I have had 3 out of 4 deliveries ( not Hermes) delivered elsewhere. Same number property just not the correct street. Just carriers who don't have a clue what they are doing & in this area using dodgy satnav.
  • pulliptears
    pulliptears Posts: 14,575 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Photogenic
    Options
    Pingu1 wrote: »
    I have used Resolver and will be seeking compensation.

For what exactly?
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport