Options

Comments

• sugarbaby125
    sugarbaby125 Posts: 3,335 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Hello Chanie,

Only another 9 days to go and I am so excited :j:D

I have packed most of my items in my suitcase and my hand luggage but neither is completely packed yet. :D

I bought lots of used items of clothing from eBay and 3 new pairs of Van Dal sandals. I did not have enough low heeled sandals and lightweight clothes. I also bought 7 new size 16 swimming costumes from eBay, as I had not lost enough weight for my size 14 swimming costumes I already own. I really treated myself, so now I have far more holiday clothes than I need for a 2 week holiday, but I could afford to treat myself and I am definitely worth it. :j:D

It is a wonderful feeling to know that at last I have been able to go on holiday to Jamaica and I have not had to do so on a shoestring.

This holiday will have cost me in excess of £3,000 including my spending money, but it will be an experience I will always treasure. I can hardly wait to get there to let the adventures begin. :D
  • chanie
    chanie Posts: 3,317 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    It’s been a pleasure to follow you on your journey, from when you made the decision to go, to hearing all about your bargain purchases. I am looking forward to hearing all about you and your sisters adventures in Jamaica.
  • sugarbaby125
    Options
    Thanks Chanie,

It has been an amazing journey so far, but there is so much for me to look forward to in the future. :D

This may be the only holiday that I am able to afford to the Caribbean, but if that proves to be true, it will be enough. :D

I will be able to afford more inexpensive holidays each year in Europe and that will bring me more joy and new adventures. :D
  • chanie
    chanie Posts: 3,317 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options

This may be the only holiday that I am able to afford to the Caribbean, but if that proves to be true, it will be enough. :D

That's why we've decided just to 'go for it' next year. We have wanted to go for years, but its sooo expensive for our family of 4. Like you, we want to stay in a nice hotel. We could arrange cheaper accommodation through family, but then it wouldn't be much of a holiday!!!!!
  • bugslett
    bugslett Posts: 416 Forumite
    Options
    Just popping by to say have a fabulous holiday:j
    Yes I'm bugslet, I lost my original log in details and old e-mail address.
  • sugarbaby125
    Options
    chanie wrote: »
    That's why we've decided just to 'go for it' next year. We have wanted to go for years, but its sooo expensive for our family of 4. Like you, we want to stay in a nice hotel. We could arrange cheaper accommodation through family, but then it wouldn't be much of a holiday!!!!!

I can only imagine how costly it will be for a family of 4 but I am sure it will be worth it for all 4 of you. :D

When I was Wayne he kept trying to persuade me to go to Jamaica with him on a cheap flight and stay in his house, but I did not find the thought appealing at all. :o

I knew that if I ever went to Jamaica I wanted to have a 1st Class holiday. So at last I am going to a beautiful 5 Star Hotel and we upgraded our seats on the plane to Premium seats. :D:j

Life is short and it is for living with joy and pleasure. :D

I have more clothing and books to pack in my suitcase and a few other bits and then I will lock the suitcase.

My excitement just keeps bubbling away :D
  • sugarbaby125
    Options
    bugslett wrote: »
    Just popping by to say have a fabulous holiday:j

Thanks Bugslet. I certainly intend to have myself a great holiday with my 2 sisters :D
  • sugarbaby125
    Options
    I was bought 2 bottles of water in the pub by my friends A & B which saved me £4 (5th May) :)

1 hopper bus journey (5th May) 75p

Lift home in A's car saved me having to take the bus and the bus fare of 75p (5th May)

1 hopper bus journey (6th May) 75p

1 hopper bus journey (8th May) 75p

Free Evening Standard Newspaper (8th May) 60p

My Weekly Online Grocery Shopping special offers and price reductions saved me £26.14 this week (9th May) :T

eBay Bargains:
    (7th, 8th and 9th May) :D:T

BNWt M & S Luxury Pink Vest Top for £4.94 including P & P costs compared to the tagged price of £12.99 which saved me £8.05

New Dove Elegant Beauty Gift Set for £5.15 including P & P costs compared to the sticker price of £9.99 which saved me £4.84

BNWT Principles Cream Skirt with Black Beading Size 14 for £7 including P & P costs compared to the tagged price of £49 which saved me £42

BNWT Principles Cream Skirt with Black Ribbon Size 16 for £8 including P & P costs compared to the tagged price of £49 which saved me £41

A Collection of New Skin/Body Products for £4.45 including P & P costs which would have cost me £17.42 in Boots and Superdrug so I saved myself £12.97

BNWT Together Cream Dress Size 14 for £7.95 including P & P costs compared to the tagged price of £49.99 which saved me £42.04

New Dove Derma Spa Goodness 3 Gift Set for £5.99 including P & P costs worth £20.87 bought separately from Boots which saved me £14.88

New GolunsKi Red Leather Purse for £14 compared to the tagged price of £29.99 which saved me £15.99

The Body Shop order which I collected of 2 X Satsuma Shower Gel 250ml for £10, I then used a 30% off code worth £3 and my £5 Love Your Body Birthday voucher against this order reducing the bill to £2, so I saved myself £8 (10th May) :D

Poundland Bargains: (10th & 11th May) :D:T

1 Hardback book for myself saved me £19

2 Paperback books for myself saved me £13.98

18 X Epsom Salts for £18 compared to buying them from a local chemist for £1.99 each saved me £17.82

Free Evening Standard Newspaper (9th May) 60p

8 hopper bus journeys (10th May) £6

Free Metro Newspaper (10th May) 60p

Current Total = £5038.92
  • sugarbaby125
    Options
    My Online Boots Order: (10th May) :D

3 X Bassetts Multivitamins for Adults on 3 for 2 offer saved me £5.29

4 X Boots Tea Tree and Witch Hazel Night Gel on buy 1 get one half price offer saved me £3.52

2 X Scholl Cracked Heel Repair Cream Active Repair K+ on buy 1 get one half price offer saved me £2.70

I got free delivery worth £3.49 because I had spent over £45 on this order

My Superdrug Online Order:
    (10th May) :D

2 X Jungle Formula Maximum Roll-on Insect Repellent on buy 1 get one half price offer saved me £3.50

I used 100 points from my Health & Beauty card to reduce my bill by £1

I got free delivery worth £3 because I have a Health & Beauty card and I spent over £10 on this order

1 hopper bus journey (11th May) 75p

I used the Red Reward on my Nando's card to 'buy' a whole chicken worth £13.50 :D

Current Total = £5075.47
  • sugarbaby125
    Options
    I bought a New with tags Papaya white cotton skirt from eBay for £7.99 including P & P costs which compared to the tagged price of £20 saved me £12.07 :D

I found 6p roadkill (5p + 1p) 14th May

Quidco Cashback £25.72 :T

My Weekly Online Grocery Shopping special offers and price reductions saved me £12.52 (15th May) and £9.34 (1st June) :D

3 hopper bus journeys (2nd June) £2.25

1 hopper bus journey (3rd June) 75p

Co-Op Bargains: (2nd June): :D

2 X Totes Silver Linings umbrellas reduced from £5 each to £1.25 each which saved me £7.50

2 X Totes Supermini Colour Changing umbrellas reduced from £8 each to £2 each which saved me £12

2 X Whole cooked chickens from the hot deli counter in Morrisons reduced from £6 each to £4 each which saved me £4 (3rd June)

Free Metro newspaper 60p (4th June)

Current Total = £5162.42
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.7K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.3K Travel & Transport