Hurrah! You can save £45 a year by switching to the top dual fuel deal.

Options
But how?

I've been on this site for more than 10 years and found it incredibly hard to learn how to use it

so confusing always has been and I guess it always will be which is a shame because it could be such a useful site

I got an email saying I should change onto some dual energy package being offered on MSE

I've clicked on the button to apply to change my energy package but it just sends me to the main home page

I've tried to see if there's anything on forums but go round and round being sent to the list of the types of forums on the side etc

I was asked to put in all my energy details and I was sent to a page with the heading

"Hurrah!
You can save £45 a year by switching to the top dual fuel deal."

But how do I switch to the top fuel deal is the Complete Mystery!!

If anyone from the site sees this could they please explain to me how I get this deal?

the email said there was only so many places so people should apply quickly but I've been on the site for at least half an hour now and can't work out what it's trying to do to send me to the place where I can apply for this deal

Thanks for any help but tbh not holding out much hope!

Comments

• wavelets
    wavelets Posts: 1,164 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    edited 23 September 2018 at 10:55AM
    Options
    grai wrote: »
    But how?

I've been on this site for more than 10 years and found it incredibly hard to learn how to use it

so confusing always has been and I guess it always will be which is a shame because it could be such a useful site

I got an email saying I should change onto some dual energy package being offered on MSE

I've clicked on the button to apply to change my energy package but it just sends me to the main home page

I've tried to see if there's anything on forums but go round and round being sent to the list of the types of forums on the side etc

I was asked to put in all my energy details and I was sent to a page with the heading

"Hurrah!

If anyone from the site sees this could they please explain to me how I get this deal?

the email said there was only so many places so people should apply quickly but I've been on the site for at least half an hour now and can't work out what it's trying to do to send me to the place where I can apply for this deal

Presumably you joined and then saw your results on the MSE Cheap Energy Club?
    https://www.moneysavingexpert.com/cheapenergyclub

On the top right hand side of the supplier and tariff you are interested in, you should see either a button marked "Go to site" or one that that says "Switch & get cashback*"

Don't forget to check out single fuel supplier options first as they will generally save you even more currently.

Edit: Sorry, I 'm a bit confused.
    Nothing really has changed in the process since you said in April when you said you switched to Toto 6 weeks earlier on similar advice of MSE
    https://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=5823169

:huh:
  • MSE_Chris
    Options
    grai wrote: »
    But how?

"Hurrah!

Hi grai,

I'm sorry to hear you're having trouble using our Energy Club.

When you see the "Hurrah, you could save £xx" page, this is the results page. You'll be able to scroll down and see the tariffs available to you based on the info you've provided.

When you find a particular tariff you want to switch to, the club provides 2 options here "go to site" or "switch and get cashback" as shown here:

?name=inline1352416646.png

"Go to site" implies that you will be re-directed to the suppliers own site where you can get a quote and apply with the supplier directly.

"Switch and get cashback" implies that you will complete the switch application form through Energy Club and you will be eligible for cashback from us when you switch goes through.

I hope this helps but let me know if you have any questions.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.7K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.3K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure