🗳️ ELECTION 2024: THE MSE LEADERS' DEBATE Got a burning question you want us to ask the party leaders ahead of the general election? Submit your suggestions via this form or post them on our dedicated Forum board where you can see and upvote other users' questions. Please note that the Forum's rules on avoiding general political discussion still apply across all boards.

Utilia have changed my account without asking me

Options
grai
grai Posts: 268 Forumite
First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
Hi all
I have been with Toto for my gas & electric as recommended by MSE for about 6 weeks
a few days ago I got an email from Utilia saying "thanks for switching" with I assumed was junk mail and ignored
today I recieved two top up cards from them for electricity gas and a letter saying as of the 10th my Toto cards won't be able to be used

I know absolutely nothing about this!
even if they are cheaper I don't want another switch so soon
can they do this?? how has it even happened? how do I tell them to stop it?
thanks for any info xx

Comments

• Raxiel
    Raxiel Posts: 1,401 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper Photogenic
    Options
    Possibly an erroneous transfer, someone entered the wrong digit somewhere and you get switched while the person who requested a switch is wondering why nothing happened.
    Potentialy someone signed you up without your knowledge for a comission, although that's less likely.

Either way, you need to call Toto and tell them this was an eronious transfer and ask them to reverse it.
    3.6 kW PV in the Midlands - 9x Sharp 400W black panels - 6x facing SE and 3x facing SW, Solaredge Optimisers and Inverter. 400W Derril Water (one day). Octopus Flux
  • grai
    Options
    thanks
    from what I've read on here about contacting Toto that will be hard work but I'll give it a go!
  • Theta101
    Theta101 Posts: 140 Forumite
    Options
    .... Toto Energy sparked fresh customer outrage by arranging to hand over around 16,000 of its customers....
  • grai
    Options
    it seems I'm one of the 16,000

but I'm not really bothered tbh, I've never really been convinced there is very much difference in the price of any and all of the energy companies big or small

and toto sound like idiots but I was only with them for a month so who knows - good riddance
  • molerat
    molerat Posts: 32,049 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    edited 8 April 2018 at 9:03AM
    Options
    https://utilityweek.co.uk/toto-energy-transfers-thousands-customers-utilita/
    Toto emailed affected customers over the weekend to notify them about the change which is expected to take place on 10 April.

But its handling of the transfer has come under criticism from Citizens Advice which described the company's communication to customers as appalling.

Customers also received an email from Utilita on the same day (25 March) welcoming them to one of Britain's fastest growing energy suppliers.
    Looks like you may have missed the e-mail from Toto.
  • grai
    Options
    I didnt get an email from Toto

the first inkling I had was a message out of the blue this week from Utilia saying "so glad you have chosen Utilia to be your provider!!"

which I just assumed was Nigerian spam
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 6 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 343.8K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 236K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.4K Life & Family