Royal Mail Surveys rewarded with Stamps.

Options

Comments

• thedogsmum
    thedogsmum Posts: 363 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    Thanks, I'm not simple and have already requested more. I just thought it strange that two they had sent me in posting packs were both stuck together on inside, something I've never encountered in all the years I've been doing the survey.

Mine's the same - only had one sent on me and had a wrestling match to get it open.
  • redagila
    redagila Posts: 6,301 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    Alarae wrote: »
    Has anyone been invited to a Life of Mail survey? It's conducted by Kantar.

I have registered for the postal survey but not invited to the full one yet (I have done a stint at a previous address) and re-registered for my current home address and after a month or so got the above email.

Or am I being completely dense and this *is* the actual full survey?

It's been a few years since I did the survey. My 1st class stamp supply is running out so I thought I would take another crack at it!

TNS is part of the Kantar group but emails come from TNS for the usual mail survey.
    Sounds as though it might be something new - can you give more information on the email content to clarify a bit more?
  • MABLE
    MABLE Posts: 4,080 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    I am just totally confused now. I have been in training for about 3 weeks and note for the next two weeks nothing to be posted. I rang their help line and the advisor said you are down as current. She said this means you have finshed your training. However I have not received any telephone call to confirm this and when I trained originally it was about 7 weeks.

Also I was very surprised they offered me the chance of doing their correctly delivered mail in April but I now understand you can still do other surveys whilst on the main panel.
  • elsien
    elsien Posts: 32,761 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    When you've been rested, the retraining does seem to be shorter. I think I had about 3 weeks, then a gap of a week or two then the proper stuff started coming through. Then I got an email to say I was being rested again, followed the next day by one welcoming me back on the panel.
    Welcome to the world of TNS. :)
    All shall be well, and all shall be well, and all manner of things shall be well.

Pedant alert - it's could have, not could of.
  • tboo
    tboo Posts: 1,379 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Photogenic
    Options
    Mchambers wrote: »
    Please note that you can post at anytime at any post box in your post area; so you are not obliged to have to spend any petrol money in order to post at your post office. You can post everything at your nearest post box.

Just to point out as well and not be pedantic
    You post whatever the schedule says - otherwise they would say post it anywhere
    It can say post office or post box for e.g.
    It also states which time of day to post the item :)
    “You’re only here for a short visit.
    Don’t hurry, don't worry and be sure to smell the flowers along the way.”
    Walter Hagen

365 Day 1p Challenge for 2021 #41 ✅
    Jar £440.31/£667.95 and Bank £389.67/£667.95

• black_paw
    black_paw Posts: 1,791 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    tboo wrote: »
    Just to point out as well and not be pedantic
    You post whatever the schedule says - otherwise they would say post it anywhere
    It can say post office or post box for e.g.
    It also states which time of day to post the item :)

I always post where it says PB or PO ,and at the time stated .. when i can't i will leave to post the following week at the stated time and address. Thats where some times I get a morning and afternoon or even they give me a morning or afternoon. least get fresh air ! :easter_os
    the truth is out there ... on these pages !!
    <3
  • frenchfancy89
    Options
    Hi everyone,

I'm new to this, just filled in my application and they said they'll be in touch.

Can someone explain what is actually involved? I've been trying to make sense of it through the thread and info i've got on it but can't quite make sense of it (may be sleep deprivation haha) but if someone could give me a jist of it all and let me know if it's worth it :)

Thanks in advance
    Winnings 2017 - adventure outdoors book, £25 cheque, Aden & Anais muslins, Dinner at La Bonne Auberge, £5.70 TCB
    Wish List - Mobile Phone, TV, Laptop, Family Holiday, ££££, Weekend Getaway :starmod:

• tboo
    Options
    @ frenchfancy89

You will get a training pack to look through but basically you are firstly on training for a short while

You receive in the post small cards called smarts in side envelopes/jiffy bags/cubes/cd boxes etc which you log the time, date etc - these are from other people on the survey

edit Sorry you post to the business park first then are let loose on proper people

You also receive packs of envelopes/jiffy bags etc same as above to post to others on the survey (they tell you what to do on the sheets that come with them, hand written, printed labels, post at a post box, at mid day etc) - you log these as well, time, date, where you posted them etc on the same on line system

You will also get small parcels called cubes which you have to go to the post office and pay for via cash - you do receive vouchers to cover the cost though

Every month while on the survey you receive stamps and a diary etc at Christmas

I'm not doing it again - I've done it twice - I work outside my area and the times they want things posting make it a hassle eg mid day

You fill in the online reports the same when you go 'live'
    Walter Hagen

• NBLondon
    NBLondon Posts: 5,532 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Options
    To add...

SMARTS are the electronic trackers that tell RM when an item went through various checkpoints. (In training you get fake ones). You log the ones that come to you in post test items and then you can send them out again in other items. If necessary, TNS will send you some extra ones or tell you to send them back directly (they give you a pre-paid special envelope).

The outgoing envelopes and jiffy bags are pre-stamped. If it's a bigger thing - a cube or a parcel that you need to take to a Post Office, you will get Love2Shop vouchers in advance - for the correct postage and rounded up and another £2 of vouchers afterwards (I think it's after that item has been logged at the other end.) This covers your time and effort in getting to the PO.

If you can easily get to a PO and are usually in during the day to receive packages - then it's easy work and you get a good supply of free stamps (plus sticky labels and scrap paper). If like tboo, you work in a different postcode zone to your home address... or if getting to a PO takes time and money then it might not be worth it. (Some people have decided that it isn't - others have decided to go off the specified posting plan and just post wherever they like.)
    Wash your Knobs and Knockers... Keep the Postie safe!
  • tboo
    Options
    NBLondon wrote: »
    others have decided to go off the specified posting plan and just post wherever they like.)

That's another reason I have decided to not return - why should I follow the schedules if others don't - the whole point is to monitor RM pick ups/drop offs at certain times

Not that TN$ will do anything about all the mistakes that some of the posters get up to e.g. receiving post with dates written on them and the above etc. as there wouldn't be enough bodies left

They'd more than likely admit it doesn't happen
    Walter Hagen

This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income