Free Hot drink and cake every month @ John Lewis

Options

Comments

• Goldiegirl
    Goldiegirl Posts: 8,805 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Rampant Recycler Hung up my suit!
    Options
    Mrs_Soup wrote: »
    I've just got the one cake or tote bag voucher for 11 Nov to 18 Dec.

That's the one I've got.

My husband has the £5 when you spend £50
    Early retired - 18th December 2014
    If your dreams don't scare you, they're not big enough
  • sumoqueen
    sumoqueen Posts: 1,533 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    I got 3 drink and cake vouchers this morning. Dated for the whole month period and not random dates as previously!! Was not expecting these as did not use 2 of the last lot due to being too busy!
    No buying toiletries challenge - possibly for most of 2011,2012,2013,2014,2015!
    £1 in sealed pot for each UU (2011 135/500:D) 2012 have UU 130/400 (never realised I had a mini chemist under my bed!!!) :rotfl:2013 UU 156/350. 2014 UU 197/250 2015 UU 16/100

Nursing is a work of heart by angels in comfortable shoes!!! :)
  • mapcr77
    mapcr77 Posts: 667 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    I've got a voucher for tote bag or hot drink & cake to be used 11 Nov to 18 Dec. OH got this and a hot drink & cake voucher for 9 Jan to 28 Jan. Bizarrely I have spent far more than him!

Exactly the same with me and OH...
  • Chris25
    Chris25 Posts: 12,918 Forumite
    Photogenic First Anniversary First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    edited 26 October 2014 at 10:48AM
    Options
    sumoqueen wrote: »
    I got 3 drink and cake vouchers this morning. Dated for the whole month period and not random dates as previously!! Was not expecting these as did not use 2 of the last lot due to being too busy!

3 of us went for tea &cake & had a mix of 'month' vouchers & dated vouchers. One of the dated voucheers was a week out of date but the assistant said she would take it as we were still in the same month..

When the vouchers just had the month printed on, she said they used to take them a couple of months out of date but with the newer 'date printed vouchers, they're being more strict.

Having said that, I tried, in the same store, to hand in August's voucher in September & was told "no, we can't take this, it's out of date", when I told the assistant that they take them at the other tills, she asked a colleague who told her to accept it.
  • BettyBotter
    Options
    Chris25 wrote: »
    3 of us went for tea &cake & had a mix of 'month' vouchers & dated vouchers. One of the dated voucheers was a week out of date but the assistant said she would take it as we were still in the same month..

When the vouchers just had the month printed on, she said they used to take them a couple of months out of date but with the newer 'date printed vouchers, they're being more strict.

Having said that, I tried, in the same store, to hand in August's voucher in September & was told "no, we can't take this, it's out of date", when I told the assistant that they take them at the other tills, she asked a colleague who told her to accept it.

Wished I'd known this. When I gave an out of date voucher she said "this is out of date, I'll throw it away" :o
  • Africat
    Africat Posts: 1,078 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    Wished I'd known this. When I gave an out of date voucher she said "this is out of date, I'll throw it away" :o

Had my tea & cake y'day and it was the first time the assistant had even checked the voucher! She had a quick look at it but in the past they've not even bothered when I've used mine.
  • Mee
    Mee Posts: 1,441 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    Options
    I received the one cake or tote bag voucher for 11 Nov to 18 Dec. I note it says to reward loyalty! Pah!
    Free thinker.:cool:
  • carlislelass
    carlislelass Posts: 1,776 Forumite
    Debt-free and Proud!
    Options
    Mrs_Soup wrote: »
    I've just got the one cake or tote bag voucher for 11 Nov to 18 Dec.

I got this too
  • lindsaygalaxy
    Options
    I have got nothing, my friend received 3 cake and drink vouchers. In the last 6 months we have both spent £0 in there!
    £2 Savers club £0/£150
    1p a day £/
  • surfsister
    surfsister Posts: 7,527 Forumite
    I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    it all seems designed to upset people!! If some people get 3 cake vouchers and some none will annoy those who get none surely??
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure