Free Hot drink and cake every month @ John Lewis

Comments

• surfsister wrote: »
    it all seems designed to upset people!! If some people get 3 cake vouchers and some none will annoy those who get none surely??
    I'm not sure where I should be on your annoyance scale.
    I got one voucher which is less then those who got three but more than my OH who got none.

I am grateful for any vouchers received :)
  • Crabman
    Crabman Posts: 9,943 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker Intrepid Forum Explorer
    surfsister wrote: »
    it all seems designed to upset people!! If some people get 3 cake vouchers and some none will annoy those who get none surely??

John Lewis don't appear to have thought this out very well. Members of the same family are receiving different rewards.

As we know, customers never ever visit John Lewis as a family unit. Oh wait. :rotfl:
  • I'm not sure where I should be on your annoyance scale.
    I got one voucher which is less then those who got three but more than my OH who got none.

I am grateful for any vouchers received :)

And me, too! And any of these lovely little freebies which are there when I get home from work! :)
  • surfsister
    surfsister Posts: 7,527 Forumite
    I've been Money Tipped!
    no i got 3 but wonder if it will upset those who got 5 quid off a 50 quid spend only!
  • Tealady_2
    Tealady_2 Posts: 1,425 Forumite
    We have had a real mix in our house DD got no vouchers, OH got Nov and Dec tea and cake and I got the Nov tea and cake. There seems to be no sense in the way they send them out as DD probably spends the most in there
  • carlislelass
    carlislelass Posts: 1,776 Forumite
    Debt-free and Proud!
    I`ve had 1 coupon dated Nov11- Dec for either tote bag or free coffee& cake
  • Red_Cat
    Red_Cat Posts: 1,040 Forumite
    I`ve had 1 coupon dated Nov11- Dec for either tote bag or free coffee& cake

I received the same too, but nothing into 2015...
    Hoping this year is better than the last. :)
  • Africat
    Africat Posts: 1,078 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    They did say they need to limit the flow of traffic into their restaurants over the Christmas period which explains why the vouchers have been a bit more staggered over recent months. It could be that the people who have only had a money off voucher this time get the drink & cake vouchers next time and vice versa?
  • The_Old_Bag
    The_Old_Bag Posts: 4,706 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    Tealady wrote: »
    We have had a real mix in our house DD got no vouchers, OH got Nov and Dec tea and cake and I got the Nov tea and cake. There seems to be no sense in the way they send them out as DD probably spends the most in there

I think you have hit the nail on the head.
    The less you shop there, the more incentives they are offering to try and entice you to go in store. They tempt you in the door with free drink and cake, and hope you will then browse around and do some shopping.

If you already shop in JL, they have no need to tempt you in~!

I noticed Sainsburys does the same.
    If I don't shop in there for a while they suddenly send me loads of money off vouchers.
    But if I have been in there even just buying milk and a paper rather thsn BIG shops I don't get anything - but my friend down the road does.

Not that I have used any of the JF drink/cake vouchers - until last week when I used the first one.
    Very nice, and would certainly get another one if I was passing.
    I did browse around the store, but didn't buy anything:cool:
  • jenniewb
    jenniewb Posts: 12,836 Forumite
    Photogenic First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    I think you have hit the nail on the head.
    The less you shop there, the more incentives they are offering to try and entice you to go in store. They tempt you in the door with free drink and cake, and hope you will then browse around and do some shopping.

If you already shop in JL, they have no need to tempt you in~!

I noticed Sainsburys does the same.
    If I don't shop in there for a while they suddenly send me loads of money off vouchers.
    But if I have been in there even just buying milk and a paper rather thsn BIG shops I don't get anything - but my friend down the road does.

Not that I have used any of the JF drink/cake vouchers - until last week when I used the first one.
    Very nice, and would certainly get another one if I was passing.
    I did browse around the store, but didn't buy anything:cool:

I have bought quite a big from John Lewis over the past few months. I had over £200 in vouchers given to me which I spent in August alone and was given 1 voucher for the bag or coffee.

My mother doesn't use John Lewis, she is a big fan of House of Fraser as she does work for them. She joined the John Lewis card after passing through to get to the food hall where she'd needed to get her lunch. Nothing else bought.
    She got given exactly the same vouchers as I did. We both live in London but do not share the same address (we're about 45 minutes journey from each other which in London is not that close) and we do not share the same surname either.

I really can't see the pattern. Maybe it really is luck of the draw? Maybe it's down to something as crazily simple as the month you signed up in, every other month gets the decent offers, every third month gets the really minimal offers (the £5 off £100 or whatever it was) and the few left over get free coffee every month?

Or maybe someone is really bored in the John Lewis office and is trying to see what happens on various forums such as these or even with their shoppers if they send out various vouchers and want to see how they effect people- like a big experiment to see what affects footfall the most?
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure